Fouts pitching out of her glove.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
He was sitting behind home plate and shouting "STAY BACK" on every change up, yet he was quiet as a church mouse on every other pitch.

I don't have an issue with a player on 2nd revealing inside/outside on a pitch to the batter. You just have to be prepared for the consequences if you get caught. What I have an issue with is coaches or fans stealing signs and using technology, AKA the Astros or NY Giants, to gain an unfair advantage.

DD HS's team played a game where a parent (opposing team) was yelling inside/outside because DD's team catcher was setting up super early.

It was an away game and the attending Athletic Director went to the parent and asked them to stop. So I'll give them credit for shutting it down.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
More than once sitting behind the backstop as a parent I've seen catchers give signs to the pitchers where they hold their hand so low their fingers practically touch the ground. Easy for me to figure out what was coming, but I never said anything to help our batters.

Aug 21, 2008
DD HS's team played a game where a parent (opposing team) was yelling inside/outside because DD's team catcher was setting up super early.

It was an away game and the attending Athletic Director went to the parent and asked them to stop. So I'll give them credit for shutting it down.
I have no idea why this was quoted. Sorry, I'm really failing at this website.
More than once sitting behind the backstop as a parent I've seen catchers give signs to the pitchers where they hold their hand so low their fingers practically touch the ground. Easy for me to figure out what was coming, but I never said anything to help our batters.
Yes, sometimes in the right circumstance and everything aligned, it can be easy to see the shadow of the fingers if they go too low. These are ALL things that should be looked into by the opponent.

Feb 7, 2014

This is an example of why I was always impressed with Jay Weaver's Catching Camp. He would impart all of the nuanced behaviors a catcher should have so that when you attend a tryout or show up to practice / game your coaches and teammates have confidence in your abilities.

May 21, 2018
Looks like she is back to using and arm swing. She's been on fire the last few games. Probably not the best competition, but she is mowing them down.

Feb 20, 2021
Interesting reading that the pitcher pre-pitch waist twist is an attempt to hide grip. My 12u daughter started doing this from watching college games, and she thinks it is to stretch and stay loose. She has also tried the Jordy Bahl menacing pre-pitch staredown. Lol. Regardless if mimicking these is good or bad for younger pitchers, it is cool that they have so much Fastpitch on TV now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2008
My 5pm lesson was a no-show last night, so I went into the facility's lobby area where there was Alabama vs. South Carolina on the TV. This was the first game I've seen this year. Fouts was pitching, and it appears she's altered her delivery again, she was clearly going back to her backswing delivery. So it appears the "out of the glove" thing was just a pre-season experiment. I only saw one inning or so but, she has made some mechanical adjustments.

May 13, 2021
My 5pm lesson was a no-show last night, so I went into the facility's lobby area where there was Alabama vs. South Carolina on the TV. This was the first game I've seen this year. Fouts was pitching, and it appears she's altered her delivery again, she was clearly going back to her backswing delivery. So it appears the "out of the glove" thing was just a pre-season experiment. I only saw one inning or so but, she has made some mechanical adjustments.
Yes she reverted back to the backswing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45