Flo Sports Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
You can tell Flo Sports is far from a polished product. I am watching the Kentucky - Wisconsin game in Leesburg, Florida... the score is wrong, the count and outs are not recorded, and game action has been missed while 'in commercial.' ... bring on ESPN and SEC coverage !

Jul 31, 2015
They're not just unpolished, they're slimy.

The Flo brothers have cornered the market on streaming niche sports and they charge exorbitant fees for a crappy product. MLS kicked them out when they couldn't figure out how to do network-quality broadcasting and obey regional distribution rights but they never returned anyones money. But that hasn't stopped cycling, wrestling, hockey, cycling, rodeo, track and field, etc. from signing agreements with them.

Funded by low quality VCs.

Dec 11, 2010
The male announcer couldn’t get names right even though there is a pronunciation guide on every roster. Then he acted like it was cute and funny. It wasn’t. What a buffoon. Maybe he wouldn’t go cute and funny if the name belonged to a 6’4” 240 baseball player with a bad attitude. Disrespectful.

This is basically a bad travel ball tournament for college teams. All the trappings of a tournament built for profit. That’s why they are using Flo and *probably* that traveling teams hotel band of thieves.

Camera work was decent, not live, but better than a GoPro on the backstop.

I despise that I had to pay for Flo to watch this one weekend. Mostly because I despise Flo, the original Keeper of Lists. This is a part of softball that makes me sick.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
Wow. I didn't know all of this. I had it streaming on my iPad while I worked and enjoyed being able to look over and watch a game during the day. I thought the video quality was really good.

I switched to ESPN, PAC12 network, etc at home this evening.

What is meant by Keeper of Lists? @Westwind

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Wow. I didn't know all of this. I had it streaming on my iPad while I worked and enjoyed being able to look over and watch a game during the day. I thought the video quality was really good.

I switched to ESPN, PAC12 network, etc at home this evening.

What is meant by Keeper of Lists? @Westwind
They started the lists such as ranking the top TB teams in the nation (supposedly), top TB SB players/recruits in the nation and a slew of others. There were several problems with that. The most prominent was the insinuation by many people that a "gift" of money would move players/teams up the lists depending on the size and a lack of one would get them removed. Whether that's true or not or whether it's sour grapes from parents with rose colored glasses or not, IDK. Personally, I've never paid much attention to any of this. I've never liked Flo Softball from day 1 before knowing all of that stuff. I don't think their lists are/were accurate nor do I think that they really care if they are or not.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
The rankings wouldn’t exist if parents/coaches/orgs were not such attention whores…🤷🏽‍♂️

There is a 2027 I know from around here who was in the top 50 of that ExtraInnings ranking. She couldn’t even crack the starting lineup for her (average) MS team..Team in DD’s org has 4 or 5 kids in top 100 ranking..the team is average at best. The rankings are a joke, in particular outside of the top 10 and definitely for the younger ages.

Dec 11, 2010
And you would think the college coaches wouldn’t pay any attention to that drivel but apparently they do.

Aug 9, 2021
I learn something new just about every day on this site!

I never really paid attention to any of the rankings or other stuff. We just wanted to watch softball and they seemed like they had decent content. Wasn't a huge fan of the camera angles in the past TBH. Seems a little better this year so far.

We'll see how it goes...between the different sports networks (that we now pay for) we will hopefully get our fill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee