First year 16u premier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2019
Hmm... In my observation, premiere usually means "win". Are you sure that this is a showcase team? I'm only asking because to me and around here (so cal) there is a difference. The showcase teams are developmental and absolutely "showcase" their players in their spots.

If it is a showcase team, abosolutely have your DD ask to play her desired position when getting looked at. If its a "win" team, I wouldn't bother asking, the coach will always do what is best for the team to perform. Just my $0.015
It's interesting because the team is labeled "premier" and when recruiting, they stated: "we will play a lot of showcase tournaments". So deciphering that has been puzzling. I want to temper any expectations before/if I ask the coach anything.

Feb 1, 2021
"Showcase tourney" doesn't have the same meaning it used to. Usually it meant you play 4 or 5 games with no tourney and winning and losing doesn't really matter. There was a lot of 'meddling' in the games by coaches wanting to see kids do certain things. That is pretty rare now.

Showcases at this point just means the pools are 'graded' and instead of spreading out the teams evenly among the pools, all the pools contain teams at the same level. College coaches want to see you play teams at your level so the pools are set up that way to attract them.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
"Showcase tourney" doesn't have the same meaning it used to. Usually it meant you play 4 or 5 games with no tourney and winning and losing doesn't really matter. There was a lot of 'meddling' in the games by coaches wanting to see kids do certain things. That is pretty rare now.

Showcases at this point just means the pools are 'graded' and instead of spreading out the teams evenly among the pools, all the pools contain teams at the same level. College coaches want to see you play teams at your level so the pools are set up that way to attract them.
Don't wrapped around the axle as to what your team is called, be it showcase, futures. prospects, elite, blah blah blah. When you play your fist "showcase" and you see the teams you are playing, you will quickly realize what kind of team your DD is on. If you are playing the Hittin' Kittens your team is "Premier" in name only. If your team is playing the big dogs, okay...your team is premier. No teams around here are called "showcase" teams...they all are. It's the tourney and the pools that you are in is what is important. Teams at the 16U/18U should be playing tourneys where coaches are going to be and You/DD BETTER be emailing those coaches.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
She's asked to play third, then play third. I would take it as a compliment.

Mar 26, 2016
It's interesting because the team is labeled "premier" and when recruiting, they stated: "we will play a lot of showcase tournaments". So deciphering that has been puzzling. I want to temper any expectations before/if I ask the coach anything.
You werent provided a schedule before try outs? As stated above the term premier, gold, and now national are in some cases just words and in some cases selling points for orgs to charge more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802