First home run over a fence was a big one! Update. Finally figured out the video thing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2021
I wonder if I was the first dad to yell at their daughter about how they were going around the bases after hitting a grand slam? LOL. I would certainly rather have her run hard around the bases then bat flip and pimp it. I’m an old school pitcher so I don’t know if I will ever be able to put up with that.

Good point about expending excessive energy.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
First of all, the kid has a very nice swing and is a woman among children. I am sure there are some complaints and parents talking under their breath about birth certificates. Your DD is enthusiastic and is going for a triple every time she bangs the ball, which is a really awesome skill. Most kids go base to base instead of looking to get 120 feet per play.

My DD is totally opposite of yours, when she hits a bomb, it literally takes 2 minutes for her to round the bases and it's kind of embarassing for me. C'mon kid, get in the dugout already.

Btw, tell her teammates to let her touch home before they tackle her between 3rd and home. Some over zealous umpire might call her out.

Jun 3, 2021
I am filming her from my iPhone while I’m coaching first or third base. 😎. All I do is set it to video tell the base runner what they need to know push record and hold it close to my chest. Watch the game and not the video. Press stop and done. Nobody has had an issue with it. If they do we can have a discussion about it at that time. I’m actually pretty comfortable on a ballfield so I guess I’ve never really thought about it.

Yes she is definitely an early bloomer. Wish I had her build when I played baseball at 11. I was terribly skinny and a late bloomer. She has always been big since she was born but still is a little wobbly and goofy since she has not really gotten used to her frame yet. There is definitely work ahead of us on getting her swing and her throwing consistent.

She started playing the sport late and sat most of the year during Covid. I didn’t realize you have to go on the Internet to find out where the tryouts are. Back when I played you had to be invited. Prior to COVID she showed some promise but was by no means a good player.

So far no complaints about her age. Just surprise when asked and I tell them. Been very positive.

She does love to play. Which makes it all worth it. She also tries to listen well and takes it pretty serious. Her enthusiasm and attitude make my proud. Most of the time…

Jun 3, 2021
Yes, Kare Youth League Irwindale. Nice and clean complex. Don’t understand the grass infield and base paths but they do keep the fields pretty nice. You can see it from the 605. Was our first time there.

Jun 3, 2021
Orange Socks you are spot on about letting the runner touch the plate first. We talk to them about that but it seems a few of them still get way too excited to control themselves.

Jun 3, 2021
Orange Socks, your DD taking her time around the bases is how they do it now. It’s all about the swagger. Back when I played it was all about respect for the game. I cringe but I understand it’s completely acceptable and celebrated now. No need to be embarrassed but I feel where you’re coming from.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28