First game of “Spring”?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
The rusty gears in my head are turning...how to get a salt/sand spreader on skis to pull behind a snowmobile, so it can spread a light coating of infield dirt or sand over the top of the snow (no salt). Mainly to change the color of the snow from bright white so the sun's energy can be absorbed better to warm up and melt the snow faster. We've got the same problem with 2'-4' drifts on the field right now.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Update, infield visible, still two feet of snow on the rest of the field.
I presume snow was moved off the infield? We've still got a 18"-24" blanket over the entire fields. But somehow we're supposed to hit 66 degrees mid-next week.

May 20, 2015
it's been a kind spring so far here......we've been outside 6 times i think, one cut short because it was 38 with 30mph winds and it stopped being productive; but the outfield is dry, fence is going up today, infield is in really decent shape (we dodged a rain bullet wednesday)

tomorrow's forecast is: Sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. - perfect weather for a pre-season DH !

but we'll get it in (it's either I coach a DH or drive to NH to watch DD1 play two at Rivier, so either way I'm cold)........daytime highs starting Sunday: 50, 62, 65, 72, 75, 75 - Maine is skipping over spring and jumping right into it, apparently

way better than the year we had the April 10 18" of snow.......this is the first year we've gotten our 1st scheduled scrimmage in since at least 2018, and looking at the weather, we'll get both preseason games this week AND next saturdays play day (3 1hr games) all in - I have no clue when the last time we got all pre-season in

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478