First Bat Investment LXT - Website Check

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2021
If it's not too late - check ebay for a steal on a used one. in decent condition At 10U they don't hit hard enough to "wear out" the bat. The LXT is great choice, we've tried all the big names and she keeps coming back to the LXT.

If I was going to hit the used market for an LXT is there a certain line that I shouldn't go past in terms of years? Are the 2018's still legit?

Feb 25, 2020
My Dd uses a 2014 30-20 I probly overpaid for at 70$ shipped last year haha.

I remember hearing local deals of 70$ for 1-2 year old bats like immediately after I hit pay.

29/30 and 31's should be able to be found pretty cheap.

Dd's has been pretty good though lotta practice/hits and it's still going.

Oct 10, 2018
If I was going to hit the used market for an LXT is there a certain line that I shouldn't go past in terms of years? Are the 2018's still legit?

Yes, a 2108 LXT (or any year) would be fine. The LXT didn't have a sanction issue like the Ghosts did.

Apr 9, 2020
from my experience the 10u to 12u timeframe is tricky as sometimes the coach will play the girls in a 12u for better competition or to help evaluate talent and give the team a sense of where they are heading, it was eye opening for us as that’s when they move back and use the bigger ball and throw with more velocity.. unlike baseball where the field grows with the child softball doesn’t . Also baseball I’m assuming bc if volume of kids that play has yearly age groups where softball every two years and there is a huge variation of joe children mature from 12u until they age out to 14u! With that being said we decided not to invest in a drop 11 as the wall to get to that weight being thinned out by manufacturer (suggested to me when I returned a 4month old drop 11) bc of the increase in training and the bigger ball we would be going thru bats very quickly . Any used bat that’s still in fair shape will be productive for your daughter . I have been noticing like anything on our older classic bats appreciating in value like classic cars . Best of luck this season

Mar 28, 2014
They are all fine. It is all about the condition of the bat and how many hits it has on it. Poll 10 people here and you will likely get 10 different years listed as "the hottest year of the LXT". Just find the best condition for the lowest price and buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802