Fielding work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
My DD is moving up to 12u, mainly plays outfield. She wants to work on infielding work outside of the team to help possibly gain more infield time. Any suggestions like drills etc.? I know proper foot work stuff is a good one. Maybe some drills for that. Throwing from different angles or arm slots? Ball/glove transfer stuff?

Feb 27, 2019
I did a similar thing with my DD. It's tough working infield without team mates to throw to. I used a bownet at 1st and worked on making throws from infield positions. We incorporated a ton of everyday drills for her glove work and stepped out from there. Started on knees, to feet, to rolling from further and faster to batting to her. We worked foot work for doubles and different feed technics like glove flip, underhand feeds, and dart throws.

Oct 2, 2017
I did a similar thing with my DD. It's tough working infield without team mates to throw to. I used a bownet at 1st and worked on making throws from infield positions. We incorporated a ton of everyday drills for her glove work and stepped out from there. Started on knees, to feet, to rolling from further and faster to batting to her. We worked foot work for doubles and different feed technics like glove flip, underhand feeds, and dart throws.

Any particular drills you used. I planned on setting up a net as well, moving it around to different bases.

Oct 2, 2017
Infield is ALL about the nitty gritty details.. Learn everything right and it takes a long time. Glove work drills are a must. I personally think that Coach Lou Colon on youtube has the best defensive drills channel. Not polished production but I really like his approach.

Thanks for that I will look him up.

Dec 12, 2020
Infield is ALL about the nitty gritty details.. Learn everything right and it takes a long time. Glove work drills are a must. I personally think that Coach Lou Colon on youtube has the best defensive drills channel. Not polished production but I really like his approach.
I came here to mention Coach Lou Colon, great stuff! As mentioned, not polished production, but if you are willing to do some work, as I certainly know you're fine with, it is not difficult to put together some progressions from it. Same thing with Trosky.
Also, I am combining it with Wasserman's HLT...we have even shut down the swing for a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802