Father's Day Help/Idea

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2015
Long story short: A young lady playing on my 16U rec team for this summer lost her father in April to a sudden (unexpected) medical emergency. Naturally, it devastated the girl, her mother, the family, etc. This gentleman was actually expected to coach this team (after the previous coach stepped down), and I know the girl was looking forward to her dad coaching her. I know, with talking to her mom, it's still weighing a bit on her mind. She wants to hit a HR for her dad this season (a long shot at best but y'never know in this world), and I personally just want her to be happy playing and taking her mind off of things for a little while.

With Father's Day coming up (and it being the first one without her dad), I wanted to do something for her from myself and the girls on the team, but I'd like to know what might be an appropriate thing to do. Simply to let the girl know we're thinking of her and here for her. I don't want to feel like we're being too over-the-top but also not feel like we're ignoring the elephant in the room. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. :)

Mar 8, 2016
DD's college team wore purple ribbons to support the JMU team and other girls who might have mental health challenges. If you can find out her dad's favorite color that might work. If her dad played sports in HS or college a sticker with his number on your helmets might also be an option. I like your idea of supporting her.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45