Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Girls can’t produce as much speed as boys. But face the same reaction time as boys. They hit a heavier object as well. Their swings have to be more efficient. It’s pretty much that simple. Just bc the swings aren’t aesthetically pleasing or the norm doesn’t mean they aren’t efficient and good.

Jun 8, 2016
So both of your data points are moot.
and you missed the point..also why ignore the bat comment?

I will say this. Based upon the “survival of the fittest” argument the predominant FP swing may be the best for a women’s physiology eg different upper to lower body strength ratios then men.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I have seen 10u fastpitch hitters clear a 200 foot fence in a game (not bp) and many more 12u.
Don't believe too many 10 or 12 y/o boys using a wood bat can hit the ball 360 feet.
College players in general do not have better swings than MLB players. There bats are hot, balls are super hard and the fences too short.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
There is a mechanical advantage when hitters get to an athletic position to leverage all available resources.

XHSjeFP.gif

lgTAhJq.gif

May 12, 2016
C'mon guys, In general MLB swings are on a much higher level compared ladies softball swings. My DD played on a 200' field as a 11 year old using a 31" drop 11 composite. NCAA and the ladies pro leagues play on a 200' field using 33" drop 5/6 composite bats. Sorry, but it's a joke. Balls leaving the park that have no business leaving the park. The fences need to move back, or bats need to be adjusted. They are still tremendous athletes, but comparing them to MLB players is not a fair comparison, whole new level and hitting is much harder in the bigs.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The swings in fastpitch are more efficient. They have to be. Girls aren’t as fast as guys. Reaction times are the same. It’s very simple. I’m talking hitting. Not HRs. Just squaring the ball.

you wanna add the bat in @pattar. I’m talking hitting not HRs. You add that in to help your points. It’s irrelevant. Girls are weaker than boys. Not less efficient though.

You wanna make the field bigger @julray. The outfielders can’t cover as much ground. Then the gaps and doubles are opened up. Then what? Longer throws etc etc. it’s not like Aaron judge hits HRs a long way. It’s 314 to his sweet spot. Ball parks are much smaller now.

girls at 10u to 12u mature the most. Boys not until 14u 16u and even 18u. That’s when the boys power comes. So don’t know why it’s so hard to believe a girl hitting it 200’ at 11 yo @Rolling Hard.

IMO most things are equal. Ball is smaller in baseball, goes farther. Girls aren’t as fast, need lighter bats. Reaction times similar. Girls numbers are way better.

Jun 8, 2016
you wanna add the bat in @pattar. I’m talking hitting not HRs. You add that in to help your points. It’s irrelevant. Girls are weaker than boys. Not less efficient though.
Not talking about HR..you ever hit with wood against 90? I have and there is minimal difference when you barrel one up BUT when you don’t there is a huge difference when compared to composite. If you don’t think that effects BA you are kidding yourself..

it’s not like Aaron judge hits HRs a long way. It’s 314 to his sweet spot. Ball parks are much smaller now.

The average HR distance is MLB is usually right around 400 ft.

We can keep going back and forth like this but it is pointless and tbh I don’t really care which one is better anyway 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee