Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Fair enough..but still a better comparison then using stats based upon 18-21 YO pitchers..

always advantage pitcher until the hitter has seen them for a period. After that only the special pitchers get outs consistently. But still get bruised and battered now and again. I don’t think age matters as much. Stuff and tenacity make up a good pitcher IMO. Age would be much further down the list for me.

Jun 8, 2016
always advantage pitcher until the hitter has seen them for a period. After that only the special pitchers get outs consistently. But still get bruised and battered now and again. I don’t think age matters as much. Stuff and tenacity make up a good pitcher IMO. Age would be much further down the list for me.
Experience matters. If you think the average quality of the pitching in college softball is equal to MLB then I disagree 🤷🏽‍♂️

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Experience matters. If you think the average quality of the pitching in college softball is equal to MLB then I disagree 🤷🏽‍♂️

no of course not. But the leagues are equal to themselves. So are the athletes, but reaction times are similar, right? think about that. If the girls force production is less and the athleticism is less, the swings aren’t good? I think it’s the other way around. MLB swings are worse. The athletically and force production are higher. Get it?

Jun 8, 2016
no of course not. But the leagues are equal to themselves. So are the athletes, but reaction times are similar, right? think about that. If the girls force production is less and the athleticism is less, the swings aren’t good? I think it’s the other way around. MLB swings are worse. The athletically and force production are higher. Get it?
By quality I meant the best pitchers in the world pitching in the respective leagues. If Oklahoma had to face Abbott, Ueno,etc every 5th day their team BA wouldn’t be .400…

Put this way, I don’t thinking hitting for a high batting average is equally as difficult in MLB and college softball for a variety of reasons. For example if you gave MLB’ers drop 9 composite bats you think the league wide BA would still be so low?

Basically I don’t think you can say FP college swings are “better” doing a statistical comparison without doing a decent amount of “correction” of the data for the differences in the two.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
By quality I meant the best pitchers in the world pitching in the respective leagues. If Oklahoma had to face Abbott, Ueno,etc every 5th day their team BA wouldn’t be .400…

Put this way, I don’t thinking hitting for a high batting average is equally as difficult in MLB and college softball for a variety of reasons. For example if you gave MLB’ers drop 9 composite bats you think the league wide BA would still be so low?

Basically I don’t think you can say FP college swings are “better” doing a statistical comparison without doing a decent amount of “correction” of the data for the differences in the two.

there are plenty of ‘C’ pitchers in the MLB. Plenty. Same can be said for the size of the ball and the physicality the Men have. So both of your data points are moot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478