Fall Games- This is not a good look

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I would rather watch this:

While OU has scheduled a few local teams to play as well, why the top teams are not doing more of this I don't understand. For most of these teams you won't find any better competition in the Fall then playing against your own team..Maybe they do scrimmage each other but doing it in front of fans and on TV gives a bit of a different feel..

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The issue isn't the players playing for the LD and then playing at Duke. It's the players who commit to Duke and then being told they need to play for the LDs under her husband. That's the conflict of interest.
Yup. Happens all the time. Re: HC-you just committed to my program and I would need to play for XYZ team to get to face the best competition possible for the remainder of your TB career. BUT yeah, this is a little different. Now they be getting $$$$$.

Certain freshman Longhorn pitcher picked up with IG a couple of big summer tourneys, so MW could see how she did vs great competition. Next thing ya know she is committed and then ends up on another high caliber team. Who used Who?

Jun 27, 2021

While OU has scheduled a few local teams to play as well, why the top teams are not doing more of this I don't understand. For most of these teams you won't find any better competition in the Fall then playing against your own team..Maybe they do scrimmage each other but doing it in front of fans and on TV gives a bit of a different feel..

Great crowd too

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yup. Happens all the time. Re: HC-you just committed to my program and I would need to play for XYZ team to get to face the best competition possible for the remainder of your TB career. BUT yeah, this is a little different. Now they be getting $$$$$.

Certain freshman Longhorn pitcher picked up with IG a couple of big summer tourneys, so MW could see how she did vs great competition. Next thing ya know she is committed and then ends up on another high caliber team. Who used Who?
I understand the HC wanting the player to face the best competition to prep them for college, but to have them line your husband's pocket is where I take issue. And honestly, I'm surprised Duke allows it.

The player I know that it happened to already played for a really good national program. They said the practices run by the LD coaches were a joke compared to what they got in their other organization.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Great crowd too

No kidding. Why bother playing other local teams. It's not gonna get them any better. Their 'C' team could be a top 10 team.

Jun 27, 2021
No kidding. Why bother playing other local teams. It's not gonna get them any better. Their 'C' team could be a top 10 team.
As someone stated earlier all of these teams intersquad all fall. OU is cycled up and could be Two Top 5 teams if they decided to have two teams this year to play games.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I understand the HC wanting the player to face the best competition to prep them for college, but to have them line your husband's pocket is where I take issue. And honestly, I'm surprised Duke allows it.

The player I know that it happened to already played for a really good national program. They said the practices run by the LD coaches were a joke compared to what they got in their other organization.
Players playing for out of state, across country teams is becoming normalized. Not a fan of it. Especially Texas players. Why?

Here's a thought. Number of quality programs have decreased. There is only 1 top Bomber-Smith team, Impact Gold-Jackson, Glory Shelton, HotShots, etc. There is just not enough roster room on a smaller number of teams. No more Scrapyard, Houston Power, Texas Storm teams. High caliber players start looking outside of state. For the NE and Midwest it is a little easier because you can cross 2 states in 3 hours.

Jun 27, 2021

Definitely sounds like a future ESPN 30 For 30 Scandal.

Aug 17, 2019
I am not a fan of Duke or their feeder travel organization. I think there's a serious conflict of interest there, but what do I know...
I know of a girl who committed to OU and then was asked by OU to quit her current travel team and join Batbuster Stith's team. The girl was from NorCal. This sort of stuff seems to happen a lot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad