Fall D9 Showcase Orlando

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2012
Florida
So who's going this time? Looking at the field locations its spread out all over CFL.. From North Orlando to Lakeland. I guess Wide World Of Sports is the main attraction where most of the college coaches are going to be. my DD played it several years always getting stuck on the back fields of WWOS. This season the team opted for the PGF GEM showcase.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
So who's going this time? Looking at the field locations its spread out all over CFL.. From North Orlando to Lakeland. I guess Wide World Of Sports is the main attraction where most of the college coaches are going to be. my DD played it several years always getting stuck on the back fields of WWOS. This season the team opted for the PGF GEM showcase.

Hate D9. A decent place to build a resume to get into other showcases, terrible place to actually showcase. We stopped going a couple of years ago.

Will also be at GEM. They pulled a lot of good teams away from D9. That should be interesting. Looking forward to the Flightscope Data and Streaming.

Apr 28, 2014
Were at the WWOS this week. We have a very competitive schedule and are looking forward to a good week. We have 16 girls on our team with 9 committed and only 2 2021's not yet committed.

Jul 14, 2018
Just curious BT3100, since your DD is committed already do you consider whether the trip is worthwhile? Is it because she wants to go out with her team and compete against the best, or because the coach she'll be playing for is there and wants to see her in a game?

I guess a deeper question is, to marriard's point, if there are only two 2021 players on your team who are not already committed, why the placement on a central WWOS field? I get that there's going to be some great softball being played, but if 90% of the players are already committed it doesn't sound like a great use of a college coach's time.

In any event, I hope your DD has a great weekend and shows them that softball in the greater Philly area is legit!! :giggle:

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Just curious BT3100, since your DD is committed already do you consider whether the trip is worthwhile? Is it because she wants to go out with her team and compete against the best, or because the coach she'll be playing for is there and wants to see her in a game?

I guess a deeper question is, to marriard's point, if there are only two 2021 players on your team who are not already committed, why the placement on a central WWOS field? I get that there's going to be some great softball being played, but if 90% of the players are already committed it doesn't sound like a great use of a college coach's time.

In any event, I hope your DD has a great weekend and shows them that softball in the greater Philly area is legit!! :giggle:
Seems as though the College Head coaches will babysit the committed kids and the assistant will be sent to scout. We are not at D9 as we have plenty of opportunities at home. No need for fall travel. As for almost fully committed teams, we tell our players that we go to these events for the uncommitted kids just as the committed/now in college players did for you. We will showcase the uncommitted kids and the committed kids may sit more than usual. Why go to Colorado (Fireworks, Sparkler, IDT) with a committed team? There are lots of college coaches still scouting at 18U games. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Apr 28, 2014

For DD I think its important to play top teams where possible.
We have the chace to play the Mercados As, the bolts and texas bombers0m here this week so let's go!

Yes we think its worth it. This week we're playing a great schedule. Our girls love strong competition. We have some 2022s who are getting a good taste of top competition. We had one game canceled due to rain yesterday but played great in our other game. PA team beating a southern cal team.. fun :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom