Fall 2021 Highlight Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Good stuff.

My friendly critique (which goes for many videos) is it's hard to keep track of which one is yours. I wonder what people do to make that more clear, if anything.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Good stuff.

My friendly critique (which goes for many videos) is it's hard to keep track of which one is yours. I wonder what people do to make that more clear, if anything.
One thing I've done (which is timely and a huge pain) is freeze the initial frame of each of the video clips. Then mask the player and apply a black and white filter on everything else. You can even place text/statistics on this frame. It makes for easy identification of the player in question. But it also reduces the flow of the video.

Jun 8, 2016
It is a highlight video..if it is hard to figure out what the highlight is it probably shouldn’t be in there 😂

Oct 4, 2018
One thing I've done (which is timely and a huge pain) is freeze the initial frame of each of the video clips. Then mask the player and apply a black and white filter on everything else. You can even place text/statistics on this frame. It makes for easy identification of the player in question. But it also reduces the flow of the video.

I've seen that, and do like it. I could probably do that for the original poster. I'll be done in about 3 years.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Good stuff.

In the past I have done little highlight circles around her before the ball is hit and stuff, but sometimes it just slows the flow down of the video. Plus, she's 13, these are just fun videos for her and her friends and our family. Her team uses TagUp for more specialized and categorized highlights, i.e. per position and hitting, for stuff in the future for recruiting and stuff. These are the funs ones for dad to put together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802