Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Twofold situation
OU and other teams like them that excessively celebrate every moment....

1. Think their behavior is fine. And how they see themselves maybe the most important part of what they are doing.
( regardless of what other people may think of them)

2. People watching and possibly players on the teams. See the behavior is inappropriate.
Maybe even classless.
Possibly even taunting.

Can understand why there are two different perspectives.

However IF #2 is acknowledged,
The NCAA could create rules to restrict some of this Behavior.

Which NCAA Baseball has stepped in and done. I don't think you will see NCAA Softball follow suit though, because the issues it causes don't have the same results in softball. That said, it is still equally as classless at times. When the opponents start taking exception and retaliating, then something will get done.

May 13, 2023
Which NCAA Baseball has stepped in and done. I don't think you will see NCAA Softball follow suit though,

because the issues it causes don't have the same results in softball.
More detail please 🙂

That said, it is still equally as classless at times.
✔️
When the opponents start taking exception and retaliating, then something will get done.
Is that what happened in baseball?

Jul 5, 2016
More detail please 🙂

✔️

Is that what happened in baseball?
I think that TMIB is saying that women athletes aren't as quick to lose their minds over a perceived taunt as are men. And that is to the credit of women's sports. The only time I thought there might be bench-clearing brawls is when Haley Fagan was at Auburn and Auburn was playing Florida.

May 13, 2023
I think that TMIB is saying that women athletes aren't as quick to lose their minds over a perceived taunt as are men. And that is to the credit of women's sports. The only time I thought there might be bench-clearing brawls is when Haley Fagan was at Auburn and Auburn was playing Florida.
When I played in regionals against Fresno State there was a bench clearing incident that was nearly a brawl.
But it was because of the call of an Umpire. Not because someone cheered/taunted inappropriately.

May 29, 2015
It looks like crap..optics are horrible. Did you not watch any of the pro league games where they did this?
They turn Angel Stadium into a motocross track and a monster truck event. So I am pretty sure they could make it into a softball field. Maybe two.

The answer to @pattar is the answer @Rolling Hard provided. I agree with you, pattar, that it generally terrible when done the way the Olympics did it. But if a facility knows they are going to have something more than a one-time event, it is amazing the transformations they can make. I'm saying they half-arsed it and can do better.

Jun 8, 2016
The answer to @pattar is the answer @Rolling Hard provided. I agree with you, pattar, that it generally terrible when done the way the Olympics did it. But if a facility knows they are going to have something more than a one-time event, it is amazing the transformations they can make. I'm saying they half-arsed it and can do better.
Maybe. However unless they can draw 30 to 40K the optics of a half full stadium would be bad enough..

May 13, 2023
The answer to @pattar is the answer @Rolling Hard provided. I agree with you, pattar, that it generally terrible when done the way the Olympics did it. But if a facility knows they are going to have something more than a one-time event, it is amazing the transformations they can make.

I'm saying they half-arsed it and can do better.
Yes ^^^ they decided years ago to have it in one place and that was that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12