Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
The Chicago (Rosemont) stadium is 15 minutes from my house. That popped into my head too, but as-is, it's only 2,000 seats, with an interstate ROW pretty much right behind the OF fence. Some room to expand, but not 10,000 seats of expansion.

Viera is 8,100. Large, but still a long way from 13,000. Haven't been there yet, so no idea about expansion possibilities? If trying to grow the game, can't see moving anywhere that's smaller.
Viera has plenty of room the way the field sets and you could to temp outfield seating like at OKC. The issue with Viera would be the parking and weather.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 13, 2023
Why do I care? I could not care less if OU wins and I have never gone to that stadium outside of when DD has played there. My ESPN app works whether the game is in OKC or Siberia..Try harder..(that’s taunting in case you didn’t recognize it..)
LOL you care because you have the ESPN app. Try harder 🥳

Jan 22, 2011
Viera has plenty of room the way the field sets and you could to temp outfield seating like at OKC. The issue with Viera would be the parking and weather.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I had to walk about 3/4's of a mile from where I had to park, and they were encouraging people to park downtown at the convention center and pay $10 to take a bus to the stadium.

Jun 8, 2016
I had to walk about 3/4's of a mile from where I had to park, and they were encouraging people to park downtown at the convention center and pay $10 to take a bus to the stadium.
Yeah the parking there isn’t sufficient for 13000 people. The lot itself is barely enough for TB tournaments.

May 29, 2015
Tell me a dominant team that that doesn’t happen to. Not many people liked the Patriots outside of NE..It’s only natural. If you are rooting for a different team and the same team keeps you from succeeding over and over again the hatred is going to be the result..

I'm jumping before reading another 4 pages ... For me, and I know I am an odd duck, it isn't about who it is. I just cannot enjoy a sport when things are this lopsided. It is the reason that I pretty much hate college sports in general. I cannot bring myself to watch college football and basketball because it is not interesting when the ending is almost as scripted as the WWE.

It's probably the same reason I enjoy the early rounds of playoffs far more than the championship rounds. I would rather watch teams that are closely matched and actually fighting to win, not expecting to win.

May 29, 2015
I had a discussion with a local resident who thinks if Oklahoma continues their dominance the NCAA needs to move to a model where the World Series is held in Oklahoma say even years and another site odd years.

Part of the problem is someone (USA Softball, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma?) signed a contract with the NCAA to host the World Series through 2035 in exchange for sinking a lot of money into the stadium and locker rooms, etc and promised to do more improvements over the next several years.

So ... let us play the WCWS at our home facility and we promise to invest all kinds of money to benefit our team (and only our team) all year. That checks out for the NCAA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee