Facebook Pages

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Ha ha my ss take emense pride in her ability to get the slappers out lol. She’s incredibly quick, fast transition and strong arm…but she tips her visor to the really good ones…most are not really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice it more from the pitchers’ parents because I think they get a little salty when a touch and go soft slap or drag bunt is a hit. What they don’t realize is how truly difficult it is for a slapper/triple threat to become very good at moving forward while trying to place a ball (not just hit, but specifically place it) coming in at 60 mph while also not stepping over the line. Plus the speed needed to be good at it at the higher levels. It truly is an art.

Also - I am a pitcher’s parent. Lol.

Jun 20, 2015
i love the videos that are like high light clips....that show routine plays. Or the great defensive play that ump gets call wrong at first. Or the awesome bunt hit.... where video shows player with foot directly on home at contact. Or the 'dinger' where the pitcher fields bunts and airmails throw into RF.

if you're gonna post attempted bragging type videos, make sure they are showing accurate plays. SMH.

Jun 8, 2016
i love the videos that are like high light clips....that show routine plays.
Totally different topic but I have seen kids with twitter accounts that have bios like Suzy Q, 2026 grad Power Pitcher or Mary J 2028 grad Elite SS..I don't know, do they think coaches want to be told such things?? I don't understand why you cannot just post your clips and let somebody else decide if you are an "Elite SS"..It just rubs my old New England Puritan as* the wrong way..stop bragging.

Jun 20, 2015
Totally different topic but I have seen kids with twitter accounts that have bios like Suzy Q, 2026 grad Power Pitcher or Mary J 2028 grad Elite SS..I don't know, do they think coaches want to be told such things?? I don't understand why you cannot just post your clips and let somebody else decide if you are an "Elite SS"..It just rubs my old New England Puritan as* the wrong way..stop bragging.
sure snazzy name might get a coach to look....1x. but if there's nothing really worth looking at...

Jun 8, 2016
sure snazzy name might get a coach to look.
Really? Just out of curiosity? You don't think it would rub some coaches the wrong way? I guess coaches don't have the luxury of being annoyed and ignoring..need to explore all avenues, even somewhat conceited ones..lol.

I guess I am just old..I cannot imagine telling anybody I was an Elite SS when I played but I guess doing it digitally is different than going up to a coach and telling them that to their face :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2015
i hear you on the conceited titles. But by same token, coach looks and player is meh at best. hard pass and off the list.

BUT the girls that are usually super good... don't need fancy names. they let field performance speak for them.

Jun 8, 2016
But by same token, coach looks and player is meh at best. hard pass and off the list.
Right but I guess my question is does the title actually help or hurt getting a first look? Either way I would tell my kid not to do it..lol.

Feb 24, 2022
It seems like it's all judgement umpire call posts. "Am I wrong on this?" "Just confirming..." "Maybe I'm mistaken..." "I thought that..." "Here's the situation..."

A call went against your team, we get it...get over it.

Jan 22, 2011
Right but I guess my question is does the title actually help or hurt getting a first look? Either way I would tell my kid not to do it..lol.

My DD's email she used when was emailing coaches was "Firstname.LastnameGradyear@"

There is some free info on contacting coaches and the recruiting process here:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478