Entry level bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2024
Thoughts about the Easton Firefly? DD currently swings a Demarini Zenith 30/17 and we’re looking to move up to a composite.

She swung the Firefly, Echo Connect, Spryte and Prism today and liked the Firefly best of those four. Our Dick’s didn’t have an LXT or CF in a 30, so she couldn’t try those.

She’s finishing her 10U season next week in Branson, then moving up to 12U for next season.

Dec 19, 2023
I think LXT and CF are much better than the Firefly but they are also much more expensive. But if she likes the Firefly over the Prism, better for you.

Jul 23, 2023
Going into 12U, I'd look at some other options, even if it's a model year or two older. I just picked up a new 2021 CF for about the cost of a Firefly. The CF is a really good light swinging bat.

Feb 14, 2023
Last year Demarini/Louisville slugger had "Bat Day" in July. I don't know if they will do it again or not. Almost all of their models were 50% off. Just FYI, if you want to try and get a bat like the LXT that is known to hold up longer for the same price you would pay for the firefly.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
At 12U, I would stay away from a -12 bat. Get her to a -10 as soon as possible. If it's unrealistic this year, go with a -11 bat instead. You can probably find a very good used 30-19 Demarini CF or LXT on the market to save money. DeMarini is about to drop their new model year lines, so there isn't much new available now. We have plenty of the 30-19 LXTs in stock, but even with my discount, it will be more expensive than finding a good used one.

Feb 14, 2023
I second what LEsoftballdad said regarding bat weight and purchasing used. I have bought most our DD's bats second hand. I got a Marucci EchoConnect for $50 on Facebook Marketplace and DD prefers it over her new LXT.

Dec 19, 2023
Last year Demarini/Louisville slugger had "Bat Day" in July. I don't know if they will do it again or not. Almost all of their models were 50% off. Just FYI, if you want to try and get a bat like the LXT that is known to hold up longer for the same price you would pay for the firefly.

Wow I didn't know about this and I just looked it up. It looks like "Bat day" was on September 27 for 2023. I'll have to keep an eye out for 2024. Thanks for the heads up.

Feb 14, 2023
Wow I didn't know about this and I just looked it up. It looks like "Bat day" was on September 27 for 2023. I'll have to keep an eye out for 2024. Thanks for the heads up.
For some reason I thought it was in July. Good looking out. Yeah if you join their email list you should be notified about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968