End of fall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
The fall season ended for DD's team last weekend. They played 3 showcases - first one was good (4-1), second one was much harder teams so went 1-4 (but the losses were all close). Third one - we played well and probably should have won more than we did - but ended up giving up 2 games due to errors.
But DD did pretty well.
Still not a great power hitter but she is lead-off and got on base 25/41 PAs - 20 of those were actual hits, 1 BB, 3 ROE and 1 FC (that scored a run). Batted .500 with 1.062 OPS. Actually went 32 PAs without a strikeout. But the girl that struck her out - the next time DD faced her, she got a double that brought in 2 runs. But still only the 1 K for the fall. 5 SB and 11 runs, 7 RBIs.
She did well fielding as well - she played a lot of positions in the 3 showcases (C, 3B, SS, LF, RF, CF). Made a double play from RF in our last game.
I had talked about this in another post about her and her PS/PA is still the lowest on the team at 2.8.
Now to wait for spring ;)

Mar 26, 2016
The fall season ended for DD's team last weekend. They played 3 showcases - first one was good (4-1), second one was much harder teams so went 1-4 (but the losses were all close). Third one - we played well and probably should have won more than we did - but ended up giving up 2 games due to errors.
But DD did pretty well.
Still not a great power hitter but she is lead-off and got on base 25/41 PAs - 20 of those were actual hits, 1 BB, 3 ROE and 1 FC (that scored a run). Batted .500 with 1.062 OPS. Actually went 32 PAs without a strikeout. But the girl that struck her out - the next time DD faced her, she got a double that brought in 2 runs. But still only the 1 K for the fall. 5 SB and 11 runs, 7 RBIs.
She did well fielding as well - she played a lot of positions in the 3 showcases (C, 3B, SS, LF, RF, CF). Made a double play from RF in our last game.
I had talked about this in another post about her and her PS/PA is still the lowest on the team at 2.8.
Now to wait for spring ;)
That's amazing your daughter did well. In my experience though showcase records mean little. Orgs will pound there chest with showcase records for advertising purposes. For example a team in my area will bat 9 in a showcase they brag about beating teams that batted 12, or brag about going to xyz showcase and will be playing on some far off field. The true measuring stick for showcases are did schools show up to watch, did schools on your daughters list come to watch her play. Was the team at some of the main fields playing the best of the best or close to it.

Good luck on your upcoming spring season, the journey overall is over before you know it. Enjoy it while it lasts!!

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I don't think our coaches cared about the wins/losses - we did have some really good games with great hitting/defense and then others where we forgot how to softball. It's all learning - we haven't had a full practice this season - players are there right now if they can make it. And the last few practices have been indoors. Did actually see colleges this year - as opposed to some of the showcases we did last season. It did help we were playing some good teams.
The pitcher who struck out DD apparently was really good. DD was so happy to get a good hit off her the next time she saw her. That was a team that had not allowed a run in the 3 games they played the day before.

DD actually stopped taking hitting lessons back in like March of this year - I wonder how much better she'd be hitting if she still went :/ She gets good contact and sees the ball well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K