Elbowing catcher punished

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
Needville High School is offering a softball camp coming up in July.Think it would be cool to check it out? Even offering a separate day for Pitchers and Catchers......!!

I wonder if they will be teaching the catchers that elbowing technique!?

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Was it a hip check? Elbow? I dont remember. Anyone have the gif handy.... errr.... both gifs.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
This is punishment by the district, not UIL.

Federal privacy laws must be followed.

?? UIL rules over the district. The district has to report to UIL. UIL can choose to take action if desired. I simply stated it was their option. I didn't say they had taken any action. At least not yet.

..and I understand that the federal equal rights laws must be followed. I questioned whether those laws prohibited disclosure of student athlete discipline.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2009
Looking at this objectively it is hard to reconcile the district punishing her when the game officials, and her coach apparently did not take issue with her behavior. On the surface it would appear that the district is reacting to public opinion.

I don't find it hard to reconcile at all. The coaches and umps failing to do their jobs does not mandate that everyone else fail to do their's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop