Elbowing catcher punished

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Might be a great girl, but gotta live with decisions you make, deal with the punishments and learn from them.

Life will go on, use the experiences and mistakes to better yourself.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Looking at this objectively it is hard to reconcile the district punishing her when the game officials, and her coach apparently did not take issue with her behavior. On the surface it would appear that the district is reacting to public opinion.

Feb 7, 2013
Looking at this objectively it is hard to reconcile the district punishing her when the game officials, and her coach apparently did not take issue with her behavior. On the surface it would appear that the district is reacting to public opinion.

I have no problem with the district disciplining this type of behavior. The team she plays on represents her school and the district and if they feel that her behavior warrants discipline, I'm fine with that. Just because the umpires blew the opportunity to discipline her during the game doesn't preclude the district from doing the right thing.

What if the district didn't do anything, what message are they sending to all softball players that it's ok for a catcher to knock defenseless base runners off their feet without recourse. In addition, I hope the umpires and coaches were subjected to some kind of discipline since many people dropped the ball here, not just the player.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have no problem with the district disciplining this type of behavior. The team she plays on represents her school and the district and if they feel that her behavior warrants discipline, I'm fine with that. Just because the umpires blew the opportunity to discipline her during the game doesn't preclude the district from doing the right thing.

What if the district didn't do anything, what message are they sending to all softball players that it's ok for a catcher to knock defenseless base runners off their feet without recourse. In addition, I hope the umpires and coaches were subjected to some kind of discipline since many people dropped the ball here, not just the player.

Sorry, but the public already made it LOUD AND CLEAR that what she did was wrong. Obviously no one condones her actions. And believe me, she has been punished so severely by media and public reaction, that any punishment by the district will pale in comparison. Time to let it go.

We live in the Needville district. No one is even talking about the actions of the district. It is a secret.

Do you think that maybe it has something to do with not fueling the mad frenzy of the media/public eye? Could be for the protection of her and her family. BobInMadison might be right...I have no clue what those laws are.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

So that said; what discipline was meted out to the coach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop