Easton Professional 1st base mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2022
Looking for any input on Easton Professional gloves found one at a local shop at a good price. My 14u DD primary position is catcher but will be playing some first. If it was her main position I would buy a HOH or A2000 just can't justify the money.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm not a fan of the Easton gloves/mitts, especially the lower end ones. They tend to have a plastic feel to them and breakdown very fast. Now, since it's a secondary position, it might suit your needs and last a few seasons. The Lauren Chamberlain one is a better quality mitt, but that comes with a similar price tag to the A2000 or HOH.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Softball. Should I also look at baseball mitts.
Sorry, can’t help with their softball model, I’m sure it’s just like every other manufacturers softball mitts….

Now their baseball 1B mitt, it’s every bit as solid as a HOH or A2000, great gloves.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I have gotten two Easton gloves for my DD; one an 11.5" softball glove, the other an 11.75" baseball glove. I would definitely stay away from the softball gloves. It only lasted 6 months and at the end was like a floppy pancake.

On the other hand, the baseball glove has been doing a lot better. It is a Professional Collection Kip Series glove. The kip leather is softer and lighter than standard steerhide, but has held up to 18 months of travel ball. By the looks and feel of it, I think it still has another 12 months in it. The hand stall on the baseball gloves is a good fit for girls due to the smaller than average size. Relacing to the tighter holes made it a perfect fit. Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28