Easton Ghost Advanced or 2018 Blue Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
So the Blue is hotter?
In mine and many others' opinions, yes. It would make sense though. ASA, NFHS and the NCAA all compression test the same and use the same parameters and restrictions which are far different from USSSA. USSSA seems to limit the bats even further IMO. Thus, a bat (Ghost Advance) which fulfills all of the sanctioning bodies' restrictions would be less hot, even if only by a small amount, than a bat that was specifically designed to maximize/fit one set of sanctioning bodies testing procedures, parameters and restrictions which the 2018 blue Ghost was designed to do.

ETA: DD has a 2021 GA and a 2018 blue ghost. She, like others' DD's here, prefer the GA feel better than the 2018 but feels the 2018 has slightly more pop.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
In mine and many others' opinions, yes. It would make sense though. ASA, NFHS and the NCAA all compression test the same and use the same parameters and restrictions which are far different from USSSA. USSSA seems to limit the bats even further IMO. Thus, a bat (Ghost Advance) which fulfills all of the sanctioning bodies' restrictions would be less hot, even if only by a small amount, than a bat that was specifically designed to maximize/fit one set of sanctioning bodies testing procedures, parameters and restrictions which the 2018 blue Ghost was designed to do.

ETA: DD has a 2021 GA and a 2018 blue ghost. She, like others' DD's here, prefer the GA feel better than the 2018 but feels the 2018 has slightly more pop.
Yes, the story when it came out was that it was pushing the envelope so close that USSSA said "Nope, too hot for us" but everyone else still gave it the go-ahead. Then someone had to start the theory that the Blue and Gold were the same, and Easton was trying to fleece people into buying two bats. Ultimately, I think that most feel the Blue was hotter. I have seen some people say the other Ghosts are close to or equal to the ASA, but I have NEVER seen anyone say the others are hotter than the ASA. I have dreams about walking into some obscure "mom and pop" sporting goods store and finding an undiscovered, 33/23 ASA Ghost at retail price. 😂

DDs hitting coach played in the NPF years ago. She is old enough to have used all of the older stuff that people reminisce about, yet still has a great swing and tests all the new bats. She says that without a doubt, the 2018 ASA is the hottest bat she has ever swung. She also says that the new Mantra is the hottest bat since the Blue Ghost, so we'll see...

May 20, 2015
DD1 likes the feel of the Advanced best out of all of them - she also thinks the sweet spot is bigger, and there is more positive feedback/less vibration with the Adv

she had a blue 2018 as a backup........she'd pick it up now and again.....this spring when her advanced was out of warranty (but still in good shape), she had me go ahead and sell the 2018 and buy another Advanced

DD2 has a 2018 backup, just cracked her 2020 dual, and is switching over to Advanced....so we will see

Apr 28, 2019
The 18 1st batch Ghost & Ghost Adv are equal IMO for explosive response.
The Adv has a bigger sweet spot and is more forgiving. The nod goes to Adv for it’s consistently great performance.
My DD is currently using Adv against average pitchers & Prism Plus against better pitchers.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

USSSA then adopted the ASA standard after the Gold was done...so I dont think there is much difference in bats. USSSA
just never got money for the Blue Ghost so it wasnt going to allow it to be in play afterwards

May 29, 2019

Ironically, my DD was hitting with a girl last night at lessons who was swinging an Advanced, and also had a dual stamp in her bag. So when they were finished, I asked her "I see that you have both Ghosts in your bag. Can you tell any difference between the two? Which one do you like better?" She replied "The Advanced feels better (whatever that means) and has more pop." The then said, "But my old blue Ghost had even more pop."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22