Eastern Elite Newbies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2012
This will be the first time there for that tourny. We are a local 16U team anD I'm sure the big orgs will hanD it to us. We are doing the 5gg showcase format. I have been encouraging the girls to make sure and notify the college coaches the are interested in of the tournament and the schedule when we get. Anyone got any do/donts. Any info on what to expect game wise etc. Thanks for helping inform the ignorant.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
I would say just like the other Connect3 Showcase tournaments (ASA Memorial Day and Scenic City) they are really well run and will make every attempt to be on-time and played (if rain happens). All ASA umpires, so they are usually above average umps. Lots of teams there and lots of coaches.

Just like any other exposure opportunity, you need to let prospective coaches know place/time you will be playing.

May 13, 2012
I've been pushing them to get their letters out to coaches. Try discourse their thinking of being discovered. I was wondering about playing showcase games. I read on one of the recent threads about pitchers throwing as few warm ups as needed to get more innings in. Make sense. Is there any more un written rules I need to know. How are these games approached from winning big or losing big. If you have a kid that is 2 for 2 do I need to bunt her to show the she can. Do you move defense around to show multiple positions. Do you use all your pitchers each game.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We always play to win. In Showcases, we pretty much follow Reggie Jackson's Philosophy, "Momma didn't come all this way to see Reggie bunt!" Defensive players will shift positions as they are subbed in or out...usually every 2 innings. We always platoon our pitchers so a coach will always see a minimum of 2 Pitchers and sometimes 3 in a game if either one struggles. The only time any of this will change for us is if a College Coach would make a request to see a particular player at a certain defensive position.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
We have 12, which is probably a lot for a showcase team, but we bat all 12. We roll the line-up each game, meaning the girl who was on-deck during the last out of the game, bats first next game, and the line-up remains the same. This has worked well for us.

We rotate almost every inning in the field. Most have a certain spot, and they usually get most time there. Catchers sometimes catch a whole game. We only have 2 pitchers, and they rotate starts, but usually do not pitch an entire game.

Like Yocoach said, we play to win, but if a coach wants to see a certain player at a certain position, we accommodate them, immediately, even in the middle of at bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13