Duke Bluedevil softball program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Just noticed Duke made it to the ACC championship game after just starting the program four years ago. We had a poster who’s daughter threw the first pitch in program history. Haven’t seen JAD around in a while but wanted to share the story.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
They won the ACC Championship 1-0 against Clemson, which has only had a softball program for 2 years! Cagle did everything she could, but Clemson could not figure out how to hit the combo of Walters and St. George. Some great softball getting played in the ACC. Fun fact: Peyton St. George is a student of Rick Pauly’s.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Hopefully those programs will maintain their momentum and raise the level of the ACC. Florida State and Virginia Tech are the only ACC schools that have made the WCWS the past 25 years, and VT made it only once (with Tincher), and even FSU's appearances are sporadic. No guarantee the ACC will get a team in this year but they have 3 legit contenders for the first time in history.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Hopefully those programs will maintain their momentum and raise the level of the ACC. Florida State and Virginia Tech are the only ACC schools that have made the WCWS the past 25 years, and VT made it only once (with Tincher), and even FSU's appearances are sporadic. No guarantee the ACC will get a team in this year but they have 3 legit contenders for the first time in history.
Hope so too. Success begets success. The fact that Clemson, Duke, VT, and Florida State (and even ND), are getting to regularly play on television and will play in the NCAA tournament should help attract the level of talent they need to compete with top clubs from the SEC and PAC-12. Most of these schools also have excellent academic reputations, which should also make them attractive.

Second fun fact of the day: Kathryn Sandercock, RHP Florida State, is from McLean, VA. Played at the same LL (and for the same LL coach) my DD did and went to Bishop O’Connell for HS. Crazy to get to see her play on television for one of the best programs in the country!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
They won the ACC Championship 1-0 against Clemson, which has only had a softball program for 2 years! Cagle did everything she could, but Clemson could not figure out how to hit the combo of Walters and St. George. Some great softball getting played in the ACC. Fun fact: Peyton St. George is a student of Rick Pauly’s.

I had not finished watching .the game this morning but I’m glad they won. It’s good to see new teams coming on strong. I hadnt realized Clemson was also new but I watched them earlier this season and they looked really good as well!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Just noticed Duke made it to the ACC championship game after just starting the program four years ago. We had a poster who’s daughter threw the first pitch in program history. Haven’t seen JAD around in a while but wanted to share the story.

JAD's DD was committed to Purdue before she committed to Duke. She had to be on campus for a year before the program started. I believe she only played that one year. JAD was very helpful to me. He sent over a profile template and gave me the idea of the recruiting postcards.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
JAD's DD was committed to Purdue before she committed to Duke. She had to be on campus for a year before the program started. I believe she only played that one year. JAD was very helpful to me. He sent over a profile template and gave me the idea of the recruiting postcards.

Has it been mentioned in a while that this is a great forum? No place like it, at least from what I've found.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Rough draw for Clemson. They were ranked #13 entering the ACC tournament, lost a 1-run game in the ACC final. But instead of hosting a regional, they're going to #3 Alabama. Good grief.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Duke is a #1 seed - but can't host. Their stadium doesn't meet NCAA standards, so they go to Georgia. Pretty weak regional, though, so maybe that was the compensation.

Eight of the 16 regionals are at SEC schools. I love SEC softball, but SEC teams got way too much love in the draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802