Drills to become backside dominant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here’s a one arm drill for the top half that can help w flying off as well. For me being more ‘down to’ also keeps the the front side in longer.

1615292648067.gif

Apr 9, 2020
I am no professional but a dad who has invested time and money with my daughter.. one of the best aides I bought for her that has helped create a more dominant back side is velopro harness. it is very insightful and gives instant feedback if not engaging backside . trust me the first time she tries it she will not like it as it is uncomfortable and truly points out insufficient backside. but stick with it and incorporate it with all drill and soft toss.. it also travels well.. we now have started to use on front side as well to keep stiff and on the backside to use lower half when long tossing to increase velocity .... well worth it in my humble opinion

Jul 28, 2020
I think people have become overly obsessed with the back knee, confusing cause and effect. I never once in my hitting career had a swing thought that told me to drive the back knee. If anything I think she could push into her front leg more and The glute/hip/core action on the front leg forces the knee action on the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom