Drag leg

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
What moves the drag leg femur under your hip? Cues. Since most are late. Do you teach- use the inner thigh to pull the leg under you

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018
"Bring it with"
"Bring the knee"
"Drive your hips"
"Stay on top"
And many more!

I lean towards it being a core strength issue. If we go through the back chain properly we're hopefully working on it every time we warm up - the strength to do it full pitch should in theory follow.

Jan 28, 2017
"Bring it with"
"Bring the knee"
"Drive your hips"
"Stay on top"
And many more!

I lean towards it being a core strength issue. If we go through the back chain properly we're hopefully working on it every time we warm up - the strength to do it full pitch should in theory follow.
My DD looks great without a ball. Ok with one but forced if you tell her to use her hips

Jan 28, 2017
Talked today about adduction of the drag leg using her inner thigh muscles and it seemed to really help with speed and movement.

Jan 28, 2017
While I understand this…..you say these words to my 13yo and you’re going to get a blank stare. Glad it helped yours.
All I told my 15 year old- use your inner thigh muscles to drag up while showing her the muscles. She knows what it's supposed to look like but until today has always had a hard time doing it with a ball. If you tell her to fire her hips it looks forced. I give lessons to a 16 year old that has the same issue and she was talking about how easy it was to drag up using her inner thigh muscles after lessons today.

16 year old will pitch in college. My DD has a chance but not sure she wants to. Both were taught HE and since switching to IR both have had issues dragging up. Just late. Not today.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
All I told my 15 year old- use your inner thigh muscles to drag up while showing her the muscles. She knows what it's supposed to look like but until today has always had a hard time doing it with a ball. If you tell her to fire her hips it looks forced. I give lessons to a 16 year old that has the same issue and she was talking about how easy it was to drag up using her inner thigh muscles after lessons today.

16 year old will pitch in college. My DD has a chance but not sure she wants to. Both were taught HE and since switching to IR both have had issues dragging up. Just late. Not today.

Totally get it. Makes sense. I just see so much on DFP labeling specific muscles and all sorts of terms that I don’t know how a 10, 11, or 12 yo pitcher is supposed to understand. I’m a big proponent on KISS for younger or less experienced pitchers.

All are different and I’m glad this worked. For DD, fire the hip triggered a “feel”. But end result was the same.

I like “inner thigh” though. For me that triggers easier than adductor. Despite knowing what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45