Does that make me a bucket mom in DE?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2020
The biggest advice I can give is to enjoy every second of her softball career. Whether her last season be as a senior in highschool or as a senior in college make sure you cherish every memory you make. Also take lots and lots of videos and photos. It seems like softball will last forever at first, but after a blur of years that pass all too quickly you’ll realize that somehow the journey is almost at its end.

May 23, 2021
For equipment, bats in particular, places like Play it Again Sports or ebay are good venues to get a good bat for considerably less money than you'd spend on a new one.

My daughter just turned 12. She grows seemingly overnight, as do a lot of girls that age. Her bats typically last her a year (sometimes less) before she put grows them. Buying a used one in good condition can save you $200+ sometimes.

I just bought her new bats. I didn’t know that you needed a different bat length do to height previously. We literally got the DSG softball special when we started (pink bat, bag and glove). After the initial
sticker shock I was pretty lucky and found a decent deal on a 2021 demarini zen 31 -11 new in wrapper when I was looking for an older model. I also picked up a new Easton topaz for $30 for the cages and we get some cold nights in the spring and fall here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 23, 2021
The biggest advice I can give is to enjoy every second of her softball career. Whether her last season be as a senior in highschool or as a senior in college make sure you cherish every memory you make. Also take lots and lots of videos and photos. It seems like softball will last forever at first, but after a blur of years that pass all too quickly you’ll realize that somehow the journey is almost at its end.

I absolutely will. I can’t get over how fast they grow up.

May 23, 2021
Welcome! What position did she play? Did she like one position more than the other?

She’s played catcher and 2nd most of this season.
They put her on 3rd at a softball camp she did last week and she really likes it much better so that might her new position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802