Do your research! Terra McGowen

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Just viewed Terra McGowen's TikTok series with regards to her transfer story from ASU. Wow!!! That coach is now in Aggieland and ASU only has 8 players on the 2023 roster. I have a feeling there will be some portal activity amongst the Aggies. Definitely a good informative watch and a good insight into what these girls are having to deal with when they get on campus. You don't have to be BFF's with your teammates but when you have toxic players harassing you, you do what you can to make it to the next day.

Apr 8, 2019
Just viewed Terra McGowen's TikTok series with regards to her transfer story from ASU. Wow!!! That coach is now in Aggieland and ASU only has 8 players on the 2023 roster. I have a feeling there will be some portal activity amongst the Aggies. Definitely a good informative watch and a good insight into what these girls are having to deal with when they get on campus. You don't have to be BFF's with your teammates but when you have toxic players harassing you, you do what you can to make it to the next day.
I've met these coaches and I would have never guessed they would handle the situation that way. Of course, there are always two sides, but they did lose McGowen AND two all-americans.

I'm a little surprised they survived the season.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Care to give a brief summary of whats going on?
Welcome to DFP with your fist post. I'm here to draw in the lurkers.

I always thought tik tok was a bunch a stupid dancing videos, but I have found there is actually some useful stuff on there. I am a consumer, not a poster.

She posts a series of 7 videos telling her story as to why she transferred after her freshman year ('19-'20) from ASU to Oregon. Leftover player issues from the previous year. Players taking sides. Bullying and harassment. Players forbidden to use ANY social media. Not allowed to bring cell phones to the stadiums. Counselor sessions that never addressed any of the issues. Coach allowing behavior to continue. Lawyers getting involved. There is a lot more to it, but she does not get very specific and did not want to name names.

I understand a lot of that stuff can happen in any program but not all of it at the same time.

Dec 19, 2021
A kid in our org WAS ASU-bound in the fall. We will see if that still happens. Lots of opportunity with such an open roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802