Do Players Accept Criticism?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If know a decent amount about the game, do yourself a favor and make sure you find yourself a coach who does as well (duh..) otherwise you will
find your tongue bloodied by the end of the year..Unfortunately there are some parents and coaches who think they know more then they do...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its tough on kids.
Listen to who?
And this parents will say...
Do what coach tells you at practice.
Do what parent tells you at home.

And its different
Yikes !

Jun 8, 2016
Were you taught 2 different hitting mechanics at age 10?

I wasnt.

Terrible situation when that happens.
Avoidable hardship.
I was being sarcastic....

I wasn't taught any hitting mechanics until college and that was about a 10 min. conversation about what I should work on the summer between Frosh and Soph year..I do remember a bit of instruction about fielding a ground ball from my father when I was young.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Kids today are coached far more than they were 20-30 years ago. And since part of coaching is feedback/criticism, kids are getting criticized today more than ever. Some kids today are being told ''this is how you do it'' from the time they wake up until they go to bed. I don't think my parents ever told me how to do anything in sports. Not sure the effect of all that, but it's probably something to consider when attempting to answer the OP's questions.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I pissed off a parent when I told her that her short scrawny 12 year old shouldn't be swinging a 33" bat. Only 2 hits all summer. She said her hitting coach recommended it. I said that's one way to insure that the coach keeps busy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812