dipping while batting...remedy???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2021
My daughter is 14, plays travel ball and now playing on her high school varsity team. She has an issue of dipping when in the batters box. She has gotten away with it for years, but now that the pitchers are getting faster we are trying to fix that. She is one of those that seem to have a lot of nervous energy in the box. She dips when watching the ball come in. I have told her any movement makes it harder to make contact, but it continues. This is not an issue while swinging... But the initial dip makes her cut under the ball resulting in weak hit balls and infield pop ups. Any drills to get rid of this.....besides a shock collar?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My daughter is 14, plays travel ball and now playing on her high school varsity team. She has an issue of dipping when in the batters box. She has gotten away with it for years, but now that the pitchers are getting faster we are trying to fix that. She is one of those that seem to have a lot of nervous energy in the box. She dips when watching the ball come in. I have told her any movement makes it harder to make contact, but it continues. This is not an issue while swinging... But the initial dip makes her cut under the ball resulting in weak hit balls and infield pop ups. Any drills to get rid of this.....besides a shock collar?
It going to take a lot practice. High tee work with you simulating a real pitch from the other side of the bownet.

Apr 17, 2019
I have one on my team now that does similar. A lot of body motion in her pre-swing. I can't get her to "stop it". So we're working on replacing it with a slower, smoother load and stride - like her head's on a conveyor. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279