Dipping glove shoulder and arm slot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019

Here is the end of today's session. You can see her arm smarting a bit from hitting her side. She seems to stay closed longer but could be the angle?

Also, does the powerline extend from the stride foot, push off foot, or the center of the body?

Something that helped my DD when she was hitting her side was a drill where she would make multiple arm circles and then release on the third or 4th. That drill coupled with a slightly heavier plyoball cleaned up the arm circle (at least enough where she doesn’t crash into her side anymore.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It's nice to read your comments that every pitcher does NOT have to be
'exactly the same'! 👍
I just wish I would have realized a long time ago that not opening up your front side ( glove side ) and making sure you brush your hip and not chicken wing it would have fixed 95% of all of our pitching issues! Those two things kill a breaking pitch!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I just wish I would have realized a long time ago that not opening up your front side ( glove side ) and making sure you brush your hip and not chicken wing it would have fixed 95% of all of our pitching issues! Those two things kill a breaking pitch!
🙂 I also at times use the term chicken wing as a description when talking about overhand throwing. Or wear defensive players arms are.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks folks. I'll implement this advice next time around. @ANNASDAD does chicken winging mean just letting the arm drift out?
Yep, no brush interference with throwing arm, elbow is 4“, 6”, 8” away from the body.

Let’s take a curve ball for example, have you ever caught one of her curves and the spin is beautiful, and it’s just on the verge of explosive break….but it never does? Chances are the main culprit is the throwing arm elbow out away from the body, add opening up that front shoulder and the ump will be handing her a new ball! 😉

Oct 12, 2020
Yep, no brush interference with throwing arm, elbow is 4“, 6”, 8” away from the body.

Let’s take a curve ball for example, have you ever caught one of her curves and the spin is beautiful, and it’s just on the verge of explosive break….but it never does? Chances are the main culprit is the throwing arm elbow out away from the body, add opening up that front shoulder and the ump will be handing her a new ball! 😉
Ahh, I see!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2