Demarini Prism Plus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
Take it for what it worth, but my 9 year old daughter has a 2020 prism and her team just got the new prism plus. She tried the prism plus yesterday at practice and she thought it seemed just like the 2020 prism which she loves as well.

Mar 28, 2014
DD got one Wednesday as a warranty replacement. No game usage yet but loves it so far. Says it feels hot out of the wrapper. Will report back with updates.

Mar 31, 2020
My daughter got the 31-20 and loves it. Was hitting the 2020 Prism before but after 1 cage session she’s moved to the plus almost exclusively. Seems to be hot out of the wrapper but her black prism got more trampoline after a few hundred hits, so I’m hoping the plus follows suite. Will report back.

Aug 20, 2018
How is it weighted? I've seen people say it's end loaded and other say it's balanced. What are people seeing?

Sep 20, 2017
DD got it for her 12th bday. Had to order it nextday air on the day it was released to make it happen... 32-11, took it straight out of the wraper into a game and was hitting bombs, has a much quieter sound then the 2020 Prism or her ghost, she has them both. But it definitely moves the ball. It has pop! She likes that it has less end load than the ghost but definitely an end load to it. Now for the bad news, 2 games that weekend and practice on Monday and the endcap popped out. Sent it back and they gave us a new one, now with no warranty. We had this bat for 4 days and it broke, and now I have a 400 dollar bat with 78 dollars in shipping back and forth with no warranty. Checked the Demarini site after posting my review to find I was not alone on this endcap problem. Bat has been out for 3 weeks and there are already 3 reviews about the end cap popping out.

Back ground on my kid, she is a 12U travel player and been playing since 5 years old, she has had a hitting coach for 5 years and is what I classify as a contact hitter, She can put the ball in play and has pretty good control at this point. She is a Demarini Kid no matter how much I try to lead her down other paths. We have always had great luck with Demarini products, so we are hoping for the best but I promise you if this thing pops a cap again and they dont do something for me they will never see one dollar of mine again....

Got the new one today so Ill double back in a few weeks and let you guys know how its going

Edit: Before I get ripped for taking it straight to a game, I will say that she did all of her warm ups, tee work and soft toss at the begining with this bat atleast 75 swings, rotating it etc... I really dont want to hear about some break in process, simply because In the pamplet they send wrapped with the bat it gives no indication that a propper break in is required or necessary..

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017
Quick update, so far so good! And hoping it stays this way, DD absolutely loves this thing. 2 triples and a HR yesterday. About 100 hits off the tee and then warm ups before her game... this thing is hot!!! And it’s not even broke in yet. Please Gods of softball don’t let this thing break again

Jun 24, 2019
DD is on her last GA 3 cracked within a year warranty is over and Easton is gonna honor the last replacement, going with demarini this time

May 28, 2019
Bump,
Does anyone have any updated weights on this bat. I'm trying to decide between a 32" -10 or -11 and wondering what type of difference the -10 might be. Usually i've seen its about maybe a half ounce more or so. Demarini also tends to run sort of light compared to other brands from my experience, wondering what's true about new prism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802