DeMarini FNX Bats for Slap/Hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD is a slap/hitter is freshman in college and they are asking her about which DeMarini bat she prefers. She is a slap/hitter and tried out the CF and FNX and said the both bats felt pretty good. I think the FNX bat is end loaded (replaced the Phoenix or Insane, but not 100% sure). Anyway, was wondering if anybody had suggestions, pros/cons for selecting the FNX. All through travel ball she swung Xeno and sometimes Ghost, so relatively new to the DeMarini products.

Apr 20, 2015
FNX is supposed to be for power hitters. I've never seen it used by a slapper but to each their own. That bat is a tank and won't break. Most slappers would use a CF

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2021
My DD is a slap/hitter is freshman in college and they are asking her about which DeMarini bat she prefers. She is a slap/hitter and tried out the CF and FNX and said the both bats felt pretty good. I think the FNX bat is end loaded (replaced the Phoenix or Insane, but not 100% sure). Anyway, was wondering if anybody had suggestions, pros/cons for selecting the FNX. All through travel ball she swung Xeno and sometimes Ghost, so relatively new to the DeMarini products.
My DD is not a slapper but with that being said, I've always thought that a slapper's bat was supposed to be balanced, not end loaded, because you don't want the barrel dropping. Matter of fact, the "slapper" bat that Demarini used to make had it's weight shifted even more towards the handle than their CF series bat which is a very balanced bat.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

2020 DeMarini FNX Rising 33/23 - Actual Weight 23.06oz
2019 DeMarini CFZen 33/23 - Actual Weight 22.96oz

Here's the absolutely interesting part, FNX is supposedly the END loaded bat. I have a 2019 33/10 CFZen to measure against. The balance point WRT the knob on the CFZen is 19.75". The balance point for the FNX is 19.125". This is saying that the end loaded FNX is more evenly balanced than the CFZen, huh???

The above is from my entry into the bat weight database when I first bought an FNX for my daughter. The FNX is definitely not end loaded. If she likes it, no reason she can't use it as a slapper..

Mar 24, 2014
2020 DeMarini FNX Rising 33/23 - Actual Weight 23.06oz
2019 DeMarini CFZen 33/23 - Actual Weight 22.96oz

Here's the absolutely interesting part, FNX is supposedly the END loaded bat. I have a 2019 33/10 CFZen to measure against. The balance point WRT the knob on the CFZen is 19.75". The balance point for the FNX is 19.125". This is saying that the end loaded FNX is more evenly balanced than the CFZen, huh???

The above is from my entry into the bat weight database when I first bought an FNX for my daughter. The FNX is definitely not end loaded. If she likes it, no reason she can't use it as a slapper..
I don't know much about the DeMarini bats but she thought both the CF and FNX felt similar but thought the FNX had felt better. I guess the team had a bunch of different bats and they did tee work, front toss and some pitching machine. I think players have to give their selection by mid month so they can order them.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD is not a slapper but with that being said, I've always thought that a slapper's bat was supposed to be balanced, not end loaded, because you don't want the barrel dropping. Matter of fact, the "slapper" bat that Demarini used to make had it's weight shifted even more towards the handle than their CF series bat which is a very balanced bat.
Totally agree. She thought the FNX felt the best during tee work, front toss and pitching machine, but hasn't used it during live pitching. Although she's a slap/hitter, she does swing away a lot.

Mar 24, 2014
I ended up call DeMarini and was able to talk to a representative about the FNX bat. Its a balanced bat just different design than CF. I went back on their website and it states a balanced bat. I thought it was end loaded. Thanks for your comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812