DeMarini CF8 Slapper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
My Daughter is 14yrs old and is a natural right handed batter turned lefty slapper. She is about 5'3, not sure of the weight but around 120. She plays shortstop and pitches on a 14A ASA team. We bought this bat and she loved it, problem is it lasted 3 practices before the barrel separated totally from the handle and went flying. Demarini is replacing the bat and we are staying with that model because she loved the way it felt. We have had a lot of Demarini bat on the team and have had no problems in the past. We have own everything since the CF3 baseball bats up so I am thinking this was just a fluke. She was swinging away when the bat broke. The bat did seem to have a lot of pop but the weight of this bat has been moved more towards the handle for better barrel control. We are still big fans of Demarini and I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any question.

Both DDs ,one a power righty and the other a lefty slapper with very good power have used the Demarini Hope series for the last several years, Great bats with good pop but my older slapper had her cf7 Hope do exactly the same thing,Handle and Barrel parted company with the barrel winding up at the first baseman's feet. Its 6 months old.Did not save the receipt so I think I'm screwed. switching to the LXT with the sandpaper texture for the slapper.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Isn't the Slapper barrel actually 2 inches bigger than the regular cf8?? I had one in hand and the weighting of the Slapper felt amazing. From Demarini's website, it made it sound like you could create more barrel speed in a drop 10 because the Slapper had more weight moved down the bat, towards the hands. I was highly considering one for my right handed hitting daughter. With the longer barrel, and redistribution of the weight, I see this bat as being something truly different than anything on the market.
Why do you think the Slapper will not hold up??

No...the barrel is .5 bigger but the ss is extended. Its made for plate coverage and control. Since you read the Demarini description, you also read where it said " But here's the kicker - when you don't want to slap, this bat acts as a lighter swinging -10 with enough mass and pop to drive the ball into the gap for the ultimate element of surprise".
There is a reason they aren't saying buy this bat and crush balls like the other models do :)

Take my warning for whats its worth, It will not last if bought for somebody who isn't a slapper and swings with pop.
And to be honest, it will not perform as well as the other CF8 Lineup for those kids.

Nevermind, the bat does suit all hitters. Bigger barrell/ss with weight more towards your hands.
Did I mention I stock them...haha :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore