DD's First career HR!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
Finally!!!

My DD is a second year 14u. She has always been a "hit for average" kind of a hitter. She is always in that .300 to .400 range with mostly singles. She will eat up that 5-6 hole and will drop line drives over the SS all day. Also, she is a catcher....and runs like a catcher....lol. She has been revamping her swing with a new hitting coach over the past year or so and it is finally paying off.

Anyways, she finally got her one last night!! She has countless one hops to the fence, numerous catches at the fence, thousands of hours of lessons, a dozen bats, and thousands of dollars later. But, it was all worth it!! This was at a summer league game for her high school and she has been working her butt off on inside pitches.

On a separate note, there is kind of lack luster excitement for the homerun and my DD asked one of the seniors about it. She asked "why did you all line up in a line?" to which she answered "It's just what you and Tristan (the only other freshman on varsity) do...you hit homeruns." To which she said, "that was my first one ever!!" But she is always hitting the ball hard and they just assumed she had more under her belt. They felt so bad about not hyping her up some more so she'll just have to do it again. LOL Anyways, enjoy.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The seal has been broken!!! More will come. DD's first HR was first official freshman AB. She only hit 3 HR's in TB and 2 of them were back to back pitches in the same game.

She hit 11 in HS
and 14 in College--8 this year.

I was thinking, what if she quit playing before or during college, she would have never been able to reach her full potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812