Dds 10u team won their bracket today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2019
My youngest dds team could not catch a break geting a team together the last few years. 2 years ago I wanted to sign her up in 10u one year early, its run by the community ed dept at the local school, so for most of you its rec ball. The director said no to “playing up” because it hurts the program , so she didn’t play. Last year COVID happened and no summer season, then fall season comes around and they didn’t have the numbers for a 10u team so again no play. Nobody volunteered to coach, so I did. I have seen my older dd play 10u and now into 12u, I have played a little slow pitch, but I lost intrest in sports myself in elementary school. Luckily I had some parents that stepped forward to help as assistants that turned out to be invaluable! Not a single girl on the team had played a single inning of softball in her life. We lost a close games all season by one or two runs, then a few weeks ago we had a bad night, made alot of mistakes and got beat up by a team we should have at least competed with. Talk, practice, last week they tied a 3-3 game, for our first non loss of the year. Today we had our year end tournament and it was by far their best two games of the year! Three team bracket, so two games, one girl hot the ball HARD, for the first time ever which was great to see, another girl who you would not think of as being fast beat out a ground ball to first to put the go ahead run on base and one of the girls towards the bottom of the order drove her in for a walk off,5-6. Second game we lost the toss, batted first. Went into the last inning up 3-1 and held them at 3-1 for the win to win our mini bracket! The girls played pretty darn good defense for 10 all day dd played ss, her bff at 1b, with the infield killing it all day! (Relatively, it is 10u) every one says they want to play fall ball, and I think it would benefit them immensely. That will be the first time our town will field a 10u fall team. I am excited to see this group grow. Could not have had a better day, lord knows we had some tough ones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee