DD is in hospital and dad is going nuts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
Not softball related but DD and I both got a virus Wednesday night that hit us hard. Couldn't keep water down. She woke up Thursday to extreme pain in her stomach and couldn't move without crying from pain. She is the toughest kid that I have ever met so I was pretty concerned. DW took her to the doc and he ruled out appendix but admitted her to hospital. She has been on fluids and now antibiotics because the lymph nodes in her stomach are inflamed. Hoping she can come home tomorrow. I'm still down from virus and catching heat from work about all of it. Could really use some good vibes, thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Sorry that happened to you. I got steamrolled by a virus a few months back and was down and useless for about 4 days. Hard to imagine what kind of employer adds to your burden in this situation, but take care of yourself and your own. Good luck.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Not softball related but DD and I both got a virus Wednesday night that hit us hard. Couldn't keep water down. She woke up Thursday to extreme pain in her stomach and couldn't move without crying from pain. She is the toughest kid that I have ever met so I was pretty concerned. DW took her to the doc and he ruled out appendix but admitted her to hospital. She has been on fluids and now antibiotics because the lymph nodes in her stomach are inflamed. Hoping she can come home tomorrow. I'm still down from virus and catching heat from work about all of it. Could really use some good vibes, thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe.

Since you both got it, it probably is a virus. But a few years ago, Dr. "ruled out appendix" on my son. It later ruptured and he spent 2 weeks in the hospital recovering from the surgery and infection. If you really think it might be appendix, insist on an ultra sound which will detect it right away.

But at any rate, hope you and your daughter both have the speediest of recoveries from whatever nasty bug you've picked up.

Jun 18, 2013
Since you both got it, it probably is a virus. But a few years ago, Dr. "ruled out appendix" on my son. It later ruptured and he spent 2 weeks in the hospital recovering from the surgery and infection. If you really think it might be appendix, insist on an ultra sound which will detect it right away.

But at any rate, hope you and your daughter both have the speediest of recoveries from whatever nasty bug you've picked up.

She has had a ct scan done. DD and DW are now coloring and doing word finds together. I would be going completely crazy but they are total troopers.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Fairly new to the site, but not new to the pain of watching a DD suffer in the hospital. Peace be with you and prayers for a speedy recovery for you both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore