DD is done with softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
DD is done with softball. She had TOS surgery in October of '20 and played all spring in HS but has been having a lot of pain and swelling again so she is not going to play this summer. I don't think she will continue even if she gets some relief but at this point, the main thing is her long term health. Softball has been part of our lifestyle for 10yrs and 3 DD's. It is not going to be the same without it but I have no regrets about doing it. Well, maybe some but ...

Thanks to all who have given advise to everyone on this forum. Im sure I will poke my head in some and see whats going on.

Hope you all have a great summer!

4GD

Nov 25, 2012
USA
It happens and her health is most important. It just stinks when it does and probably more for mom and dad than the girl(s) to be honest. Easy to say for me as I have one still playing but it will be over very soon as well.

I can only imagine you are asking yourself now what?? I did that when Covid ended my oldest's senior season. Felt like I lost my dog but still had one more.

Find something to do to fill the void and I know it is a huge void. But you will and cherish the memories for sure.

Dont be a stranger @4 girl's dad and thanks for the many years of great softball discussion!!

S3

Oct 1, 2014
USA
4GD - hope your DD gets better and moves on pain free. Good luck as you transition from the full time, full on world of softball to whatever you choose to fill the void. Thanks for being part of this community and all the discussions over the years!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Health first and foremost...hope she gets better.

You are one of the good ole' timers here 4GD, hope you do peek in and visit still. Actually hope
you do jump into something as you def still love the game.

Jan 8, 2019
Do whatever it takes to get her healthy. Take the time to do it right!

I have a feeling you taught her more than how to play the game. I have a feeling the love for the sport is there, and that you’ll both be back, somehow, some day. If not here on the forum, out there on the fields where it counts.

Best of luck, and best wishes!