DD does her best Michael Jordan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
I'm so proud of my DD.

I didn't sleep well Wednesday night since Thursday was first game of 10u rec play-offs for our team. DD still not feeling well after being out sick from school 2 days and our P2 didn't come to our optional pitching practice because she had a fever over 100 degrees. Our regular season record was 5-3-5, including a tie against the team we were playing.

Daughter lived up to her celtic/viking heritage and was an Iron Woman warrior. Pitched 1st inning, caught 2nd and 3rd, pitched 4 and 5th. Wasn't perfect, but her defense helped her out the couple times ball was put in play. P3 and P4 did reasonably well in the two innings my daughter couldn't pitch according to our rec rules.

She had 1 throw out at third (would of had at least 2 more, but 3B couldn't get control of bullet throws fast enough), had a tag out at home, and knocked down a slightly off throw to home to keep the runner at third.

When joking around warming her up in inning the best hitter in league was leadoff, I half seriously put the glove 1 inch off the ground and she hit the spot!

As pitcher only gave up 2 runs and had 2 RBIs. As pitcher had perfect relay on throw from outfield to home for another put-out to prevent the go ahead run and take game to tie breaker inning.

Wasn't feeling well after 5th inning so struck out with tie breaker run on 2nd. Got some crackers in her and #5 hitter knocked in the go ahead run. Went in for 6th inning and got 3 strike outs.

Only thing to complain about was she refused to throw the change up called for on a 1-2 count after one of the only two batters to get a solid hit on her had fouled off two pitches. HC had to threaten to pull her. Threw the change-up for a ball, then struck out girl on a fastball with a full count.

Now they play the #1 seed Saturday-- team they tied once and lost to by one run once.

20150507_184116.jpg

20150507_193322.jpg

Nov 29, 2009
Only thing to complain about was she refused to throw the change up called for on a 1-2 count after one of the only two batters to get a solid hit on her had fouled off two pitches.

Hrmmm... I'd say she's a pretty smart kid. What does almost every rec ball coach call for on 1-2 or 0-2??? A change-up!!!! You throw it when it's least expected for it to be effective.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I'm so proud of my DD.

I didn't sleep well Wednesday night since Thursday was first game of 10u rec play-offs for our team. DD still not feeling well after being out sick from school 2 days and our P2 didn't come to our optional pitching practice because she had a fever over 100 degrees. Our regular season record was 5-3-5, including a tie against the team we were playing.

Daughter lived up to her celtic/viking heritage and was an Iron Woman warrior. Pitched 1st inning, caught 2nd and 3rd, pitched 4 and 5th. Wasn't perfect, but her defense helped her out the couple times ball was put in play. P3 and P4 did reasonably well in the two innings my daughter couldn't pitch according to our rec rules.

She had 1 throw out at third (would of had at least 2 more, but 3B couldn't get control of bullet throws fast enough), had a tag out at home, and knocked down a slightly off throw to home to keep the runner at third.

When joking around warming her up in inning the best hitter in league was leadoff, I half seriously put the glove 1 inch off the ground and she hit the spot!

As pitcher only gave up 2 runs and had 2 RBIs. As pitcher had perfect relay on throw from outfield to home for another put-out to prevent the go ahead run and take game to tie breaker inning.

Wasn't feeling well after 5th inning so struck out with tie breaker run on 2nd. Got some crackers in her and #5 hitter knocked in the go ahead run. Went in for 6th inning and got 3 strike outs.

Only thing to complain about was she refused to throw the change up called for on a 1-2 count after one of the only two batters to get a solid hit on her had fouled off two pitches. HC had to threaten to pull her. Threw the change-up for a ball, then struck out girl on a fastball with a full count.

Now they play the #1 seed Saturday-- team they tied once and lost to by one run once.

View attachment 8081

View attachment 8082

Since CP started playing Where's Waldo etc with this photo, I spy with my little eye....a lost or lonely bucket dad

Jan 22, 2011
Gawd... I'm president of the league... you are going to make me have to delete the pictures :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802