Daughter has Decided to Play -- On Her Own Terms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I'm elated!

As many of you know, back in December, DD broke three vertebrae in the middle of her spine. She was already struggling with her desire to pitch. She was also shunned by her high school coach for her opting out of playing on his team through the summer-fall. Well, she has decided, on her on terms, to play softball, but not pitch. She wants to focus on short-stop and outfield.

Many of you suggested to me awhile back to let her decide what she would do. I have done that, and it has paid off. I really didn't think she'd come back. Well, I guess now she will own it--her own path. I'm extremely happy. She told me on my birthday. I couldn't have gotten a better gift!

Personally, I think our little trip (daddy-daughter) to Athens, Georgia helped. She was very motivated by what she saw in those games between Georgia and Florida.

Excited, excited, excited!!!!

Guess what conditions she stressed the most...... I can't be harder on her than the other players. And, win or lose, it has to be fun. These will be my goals!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
If a genie appeared the day of the accident and told you she would recover, she would play softball again but just wouldn't pitch, just because she didn't WANT to pitch, how many micro seconds would it have taken for you to accept the bargain?

I can tell you are elated to have a healthy daughter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore