Dad and coach joining the forum!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
it’s weird for me. At practice we almost hardly interact with each other. I try to give her space and treat her like the other girls. Not sure if I am doing it right or not but it works for us for now.

This is usually the best approach, but even then, sometimes it doesn't work out....or it might. Things evolve. Also be aware that accusations of playing daddy-ball may come up no matter what you do - lol.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
Some people do better than others in terms of creating a line between Coach on the field and Dad off the field. This is true for both dads and DDs.
This is what I meant. The reference was only to times on the field. I coached all three of my DDs in softball. Coach on the field, Dad off the field.

This is usually the best approach, but even then, sometimes it doesn't work out....or it might. Things evolve. Also be aware that accusations of playing daddy-ball may come up no matter what you do - lol.
Yeh already have an assistant that rides my daughter hard. Usually for no reason or something simple like sitting on my bucket resting her legs between innings as a catcher. I am starting to see what people mean though about recruiting parents not girls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802