Dad and coach joining the forum!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Glad to be here! Second year coach first year head coach. Decided to step up to coach this year as a need had arisen for the club my daughter plays for. This is her second season and we love spending the time together. Softball has quickly become my favorite thing to do, and I look forward to work ending so we can grab our gear and hit the field. She plays up currently to 10u and given how her birthday is we have 4 more seasons to really hone those skills before moving up. I am here mostly for coaching information and resources to become a better coach. Look forward to seeing everyone around.

Fall and spring season, she is 9 and her birthday is January 6th with an age cut off of December 31st. Our first league had age cut offs in august with only a spring season. And she got placed into the 10u age bracket. Moved to another league with fall and spring and change in cut off date so she should have been in 8u with modified coach pitch. Just moved her up to 10 to keep her in girl pitch. So 4 seasons or 2 more years of 10u. Because of her birthday she will be turning 11 right after the cut off date.

Jul 31, 2015
Fall and spring season, she is 9 and her birthday is January 6th with an age cut off of December 31st. Our first league had age cut offs in august with only a spring season. And she got placed into the 10u age bracket. Moved to another league with fall and spring and change in cut off date so she should have been in 8u with modified coach pitch. Just moved her up to 10 to keep her in girl pitch. So 4 seasons or 2 more years of 10u. Because of her birthday she will be turning 11 right after the cut off date.

Got it.

Enjoy the ride.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Enjoy the ride and take lots of pics/video!

I joined DFP when my DD was about the same age as yours, and I spent some time as an assistant coach on her teams. My DD's journey started at 8U in rec ball, and she made the move to TB during her final spring season of 10U. My DD had out-grown what the rec league could offer for her continued development and desire to become a better player. For her, it was the right time to make the move.

I continued to be an AC on my DD's TB teams though the end of 12U. I really enjoyed coaching and helping the girls find a new level of skill and confidence in their game. Unfortunately, the growing friction between my DD and I in that setting wasn't working. At the start of 14U, I stayed on the outside of the fence. It was better for both of us.

Currently, my DD is playing in her final year of TB, and will be playing college ball a year from now. It's been an amazing ride, and I've had the best seat in the house to watch my girl do awesome things in the game she loves.

I know you're having a ton of fun doing the softball thing together with your DD, and that's awesome, but keep in mind that this is her game. You're there to support her journey.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
Enjoy the ride and take lots of pics/video!

I joined DFP when my DD was about the same age as yours, and I spent some time as an assistant coach on her teams. My DD's journey started at 8U in rec ball, and she made the move to TB during her final spring season of 10U. My DD had out-grown what the rec league could offer for her continued development and desire to become a better player. For her, it was the right time to make the move.

I continued to be an AC on my DD's TB teams though the end of 12U. I really enjoyed coaching and helping the girls find a new level of skill and confidence in their game. Unfortunately, the growing friction between my DD and I in that setting wasn't working. At the start of 14U, I stayed on the outside of the fence. It was better for both of us.

Currently, my DD is playing in her final year of TB, and will be playing college ball a year from now. It's been an amazing ride, and I've had the best seat in the house to watch my girl do awesome things in the game she loves.

I know you're having a ton of fun doing the softball thing together with your DD, and that's awesome, but keep in mind that this is her game. You're there to support her journey.
The last paragraph, eh. You can be her coach or her dad but not both at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802