Cutting players because of injury?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
My DD has struggled this summer with shoulder impingement, which is a painful condition due to muscle imbalance in the rotator cuff.

Well her coach said something that irritated me, basically he said we’re lucky he’s not like real travel ball coaches because they would cut a player for being injured or to motivate them. This really irritated me because my DD is one the hardest working girls on the team and it’s not like she can control her body or an injury.

So I’m curious, I’ve not once heard of a tb coach cutting a kid because she was/is injured, has anyone had this experience?

Jun 19, 2020
My DD has struggled this summer with shoulder impingement, which is a painful condition due to muscle imbalance in the rotator cuff.

Well her coach said something that irritated me, basically he said we’re lucky he’s not like real travel ball coaches because they would cut a player for being injured or to motivate them. This really irritated me because my DD is one the hardest working girls on the team and it’s not like she can control her body or an injury.

So I’m curious, I’ve not once heard of a tb coach cutting a kid because she was/is injured, has anyone had this experience?
Punch him in the mouth and tell him he's lucky!! Not the right thing to do but it would make me feel better..... I would definitely find another team focus on getting healthy and good luck with the shoulder.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hope she recovers sooner than later. Generally that needs some time off and attention to physical therapy.

Well her coach said something that irritated me,
Little humor to lighten it up...
basically he said we’re lucky he’s not like real travel ball coaches
Lol... why is he Pinocchio?

Apr 17, 2019
Hope she recovers sooner than later. Generally that needs some time off and attention to physical therapy.

Little humor to lighten it up...

Lol... why is he Pinocchio?

Thanks, I’m trying to get her as much rest as possible, and she is going to pt for it, so hopefully she’ll be back to normal soon.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks he’s an idiot!

May 1, 2018
1. You don't cut someone do to injury..... from a real travel ball coach. You have them sit on the bench and motivate your players while still paying due cause this stuff is expensive.
2. Cutting a player for injury is crazy, players go all out for you and sometimes they get injured. If you cut them for being injured why would they go all out and risk it.
3...... you should have punched him.

May 17, 2012

The coach is a moron. Having said that if it were a pitcher or catcher you are going to have to find a sub unless you have that kid that used to pitch/catch and can fill in when needed.

You should definitely find a new coach/team.

Jun 11, 2012
I’ve only ever seen one player cut for an injury and it was because anytime it was hot or there was a particularly strenuous practice this player would end up “hurt” in the first 5 minutes but would always be just fine to play in games. It was ignored for a while until said player started getting “hurt” during games if she had a bad outing pitching.
This was a college player.

I hope your daughter heals quickly and that the coach doesn’t continue to act like an a$$

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Why would a travel coach cut someone who is hurt? Roster sizes are not limited (I don't think even tournaments are limited, but if they are, she's hurt anyway and wouldn't be active).

Now, I could see if a player was going to miss an entire calendar year the coach would build a team without her, but that's not cutting her. And why would parents pay money for someone to be on a team for a whole year when she couldn't play anyway.

Weird comment, and I suspect he doesn't know what "real" coaches are like.

But he did admit he isn't a real coach, so kudos to him for the honesty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478