craziness on Ebay

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We just had a coach suspended for a few weeks for being thrown out three weeks in a row for putting illegal bats into games in 12U. These weren't new shaved and rolled but rather older bats on the banned list.

Word got around the softball community after the first time - so many coaches were on the lookout.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
THIS IS THE ONE!
My daughter hit with this one very little and out grew it. It's in immaculate shape and DANG HOT!

My daughter hit with this one very little, which probably translates to "she struck out a lot, so mom and I got her a doctored bat for her self-esteem". "She doesn't hit often, but when she does, it goes all the way past second base!!" "We need to sell this one ASAP, to purchase a new altered bat for All-Stars, the team needs her talents".

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Shaving is a process where the endcap of the bat is removed and a special tool that's on a drill spins and literally thins down the inner wall thickness of the bat. Then the cap is glued back in place. This will allow the bat to flex past the legal limit and create a much larger trampoline effect as the ball exits the barrel. This does typically cause the bat to break much more easily.

Apr 22, 2015
Marriard......which bats was the coach using in the 12u?? One X?? Old Catalyst?? I've seen banned bat list, and I'm just curious which ones popped up in his players hands. There was a One X showed up at one of our local rec games a couple weeks ago. The hitter was not very good and never made contact. I let the coach know that the bat was illegal, and that the bat could still be sent back to LS and get a new Xeno. She told me that the girls mom worked at a local D1 school and the softball coach would just give her bats. The 2nd time we played them the girl mo longer had the One X, she had what appeared to be a brand new 2012 Xeno...Wow, I wish I had connections at a university

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If your kid accidentally hurt someone, while batting with that bat, you couldn't even claim "I didn't know," since the ad says right on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop