Conversation this morning:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I was headed to work this morning and stopped for my morning tea. I ran into a parent of a former player. This parent was the epitome of what I desire in a parent. While I won't get into that much, I coached against him in high school in baseball and then he went on to play in college. He was very good. He was there for his daughter, was known to give more than a gentle nudge but was never overbearing. IOWs, he knew when to back off and was so positive with his child. I believe she wanted to do well because of their relationship. I don't want to leave mom out of this and she was also so supportive. This young lady had to go the JUCO route for a couple of reasons. This dad told me this morning that this young lady will be headed to a mid-major D1 after this spring. Good for her. Hard work does pay off. For the parents, having the patience to let the process work out has paid off. I am very proud of this young lady.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its a wonderful thing to see what effort can do!
Good for her!
And others we may have not heard of too!

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know a single player who has played in college, so for anyone to do so is truly amazing. Good for her.

Oh, my DD and all her friends are 12.

May 27, 2013
So awesome for this young lady and her family! Too many times I’ll hear about the player who was pushed too hard and although they did extremely well and made it on a college team, they wind up leaving or unhappy because it wasn’t the school or program “they“ wanted or the experience they expected.

We as parents need to realize it is ultimately their journey and we need to be supportive and provide guidance, not make the decision of what we “think” they want. This was refreshing to hear - thanks for posting!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802