Continuation Rule Ump Call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
... both of them quit after a few innings. Yeah, QUIT. Walked off the field, packed up, LEFT. There wasn't even anything going on during these games to get your feathers ruffled over. One of them even took the game balls with him when he went. I later found out both of them have been pulling this all season.
Almost need some form of Yelp reviews for umpires. I say "almost" because there would be sour grapes coaches and parents trashing an umpire because they didn't get their way.

Mar 1, 2013
Almost need some form of Yelp reviews for umpires. I say "almost" because there would be sour grapes coaches and parents trashing an umpire because they didn't get their way.
I have called my assignor before and said, "You're going to get a complaint". He usually followed that up by, "Will it be from xxx team? Because they complain about everyone."

Jul 27, 2021
I have called my assignor before and said, "You're going to get a complaint". He usually followed that up by, "Will it be from xxx team? Because they complain about everyone."
I would have my game report and emails sent out first. Get your side out there first.

There was one time that a mom wrote an email in the car/parking lot before leaving or even in the last bit of the game.

Mar 1, 2013
I would have my game report and emails sent out first. Get your side out there first.

There was one time that a mom wrote an email in the car/parking lot before leaving or even in the last bit of the game.
Any time I felt the need to report to my assignor over an issue, there was a phone call made from my car as I was leaving the site.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Any time I felt the need to report to my assignor over an issue, there was a phone call made from my car as I was leaving the site.

I once called the assignor during a game to tell him if he ever assigned me a certain umpire again, I wouldn't use him anymore.

What set me off? My shortstop was run over at second, not knocked out cold, but she had a concussion and that ended her season. The player who did it would've run straight through second into left field if not for the contact. She was going that hard and fast and had no desire or intent to stop. While I'm out there checking on my player who is lying on the ground, barely conscious, and talking to the base umpire about why the runner was still in the game, the home plate ump (one of the very worst umpires I've ever dealt with, and someone I already had a history with) comes up to me and, very sarcastically, asks why I'm so upset.

I think all those stories about people attacking umpires are horrible, but in that moment, I absolutely wanted to punch that jerk. I still want to. It took everything I had to not in that moment, and retelling the story just makes me want to see him get hit by a bus.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28