Continuation Rule Ump Call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2021
During contiuation, if a player rounds first and makes an agressive move towards second, but then goes immediatley back to first, is she out? I had an umpire call this on me and I can't seem to find his interpretation of this rule anywhere. It wasn't the lookback rule because she wasn't dancing around. She rounded first agressively, but then went directlty back to first. He told me that if she made an agressive move on continuation she has to go to 2nd. Anyone that has insight, it would be helpful. Thanks

Jul 22, 2015
During contiuation, if a player rounds first and makes an agressive move towards second, but then goes immediatley back to first, is she out? I had an umpire call this on me and I can't seem to find his interpretation of this rule anywhere. It wasn't the lookback rule because she wasn't dancing around. She rounded first agressively, but then went directlty back to first. He told me that if she made an agressive move on continuation she has to go to 2nd. Anyone that has insight, it would be helpful. Thanks
Straight out of the MSU (Made Stuff Up) rule book. I can't think of any possible rule (lookback included) that applies here.

Jun 22, 2019
Where was the ball when she rounded first?
I can only assume that the ball was in the circle…if not, then nothing makes sense.

I’ve seen it called when a girl rounds and then stops then takes a step towards second before running back to first.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
If it happened as you stated, she is not out. Has nothing to do with how agressive move she makes. She gets one stop, and then has to make a decision on which way she is going. Providing the ball is in the circle. Otherwise she an do what she wants until the pitcher has control of the ball in the circle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802