Colorado-TCS and IDT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
@El Oso From what I can see. CA Tyson, MO Aces, and IG Jackson are only playing in the Alliance Super Cup. Right? I don't see them on the schedule in the Power Pools for TCS. Am I wrong? If I am incorrect, show the schedule. I'd like to follow.

Pool Play for IDT starts today and these teams play late today
I was wondering what that Super Cup thing was..😂

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well, I won't bring my daughter back to the Sparkler.

We just had a wicked storm roll through with heavy rain and some lightning. The umpires didn't wait the requisite 30 minutes to start the game and had us go 5 minutes after the last clap of thunder. The field was soaked, despite being turf, and both pitchers got hurt slipping on their landing. My daughter twisted her knee and most likely will miss the rest of the event.

I know we're not supposed to confront the umpires, but this is a case where I'm asking what the hell he was thinking.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

We just had a wicked storm roll through with heavy rain and some lightning. The umpires didn't wait the requisite 30 minutes to start the game and had us go 5 minutes after the last clap of thunder. The field was soaked, despite being turf, and both pitchers got hurt slipping on their landing. My daughter twisted her knee and most likely will miss the rest of the event.

I know we're not supposed to confront the umpires, but this is a case where I'm asking what the hell he was thinking.

Sorry to hear of the injuries hope others will learn from that unfortunate experience.

Smart needs to speak up!
Slippery and lightning are not okay to play.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

It will always rain and hail in CO. Umpires trying to get those games in. Been through the wildest out of nowhere storms while there with hurricane force winds and hail. The locals are used to it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It will always rain and hail in CO. Umpires trying to get those games in. Been through the wildest out of nowhere storms while there with hurricane force winds and hail. The locals are used to it.
According to the TD and umps, thunder isn't a cause for a delay. Lightning has to be on his or her radar within 5 miles. Back home, thunder is an automatic 30 minute suspension of play, and lightning if lightning is in the area, you cannot resume for an additional 30 minutes.

It poured again in the 5th inning of the game, and a girl from the other team tore up her knee when she slipped off the wet bag. She had to be carried off the field.

Apr 1, 2017
According to the TD and umps, thunder isn't a cause for a delay. Lightning has to be on his or her radar within 5 miles. Back home, thunder is an automatic 30 minute suspension of play, and lightning if lightning is in the area, you cannot resume for an additional 30 minutes.

It poured again in the 5th inning of the game, and a girl from the other team tore up her knee when she slipped off the wet bag. She had to be carried off the field
Lol, speaking of the “making stuff up” rulebook. They do realize that you can’t have thunder without lightning……

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478