Colorado Sparkler Juniors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
I will tell you that there are signs to altitude sickness with the predominate one being a headache which can approach severe. Don't overdo it the first day and as stated HYDRATE! Most people think that because it isn't overly hot they are okay. Not the case when in altitude.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
We did a rafting trip a couple years ago when my older girl was there. There will be a day where you don't play. You are closer to Cheyenne Wyoming than Denver. We did a drive into Cheyenne and then Laramie and then the back way into Ft. Collins. As others have said, RMNP/Estes Park is a great day trip. We will be going to Estes Park this year on our day off.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Is the Colorado Sparkler Juniors different than the regular Colorado Sparkler? Is it younger age groups - 14U? 12U? While I am sure it would be a fun trip, I would be reluctant to spend a lot of $$$ making a cross country recruiting trip for age groups younger than 16U. I recommend playing in local showcases to get the players acclimated to performing in front of college coaches, but unless your DD is a bonafide STUD, recruiting will start in earnest at 16U.

Mar 26, 2013
Sparkler Jr is 12U (46 teams + 20 on wait list) and 14U (199 teams + 67 waiting). It is the top CO event for those age groups whereas the regular Sparkler is the weakest for 16U-18U. Jr is now held the same week as the older groups and the list of coaches attending is an interesting mix - surprised to see MIT on the list this year and the fabled Milwaukee School of Engineering on last year's list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
The Sparkler Jr. is a side show to the Sparkler and Fireworks. Don't expect a lot. It won't be the recruiting hot bed that some think. However, we did see quite a few coaches on day 1. If you go to the loser's bracket, you might end up at a few less than stellar parks. With all that being said, you will see good competition that should make your team better in the long run.

Colorado is very nice with much to do as a tourist. Make the most of it. We did last year and will be back again this year.