College World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
“As each game passed, from the SEC tournament through the perfect game, she was losing accuracy.” 625ender.

In the perfect game, Fouts was so inaccurate that she had 14 k’s and 0 bb’s. She was so inaccurate that 7 batters were able to put bat to ball, including 2 flyouts and 5 groundballs. She was so inaccurate that she threw one of the great games in CWS history.
Did you see anything in my statement that says she was inaccurate? That's always an interesting perspective when a fan sees something and when someone who understands the game and pitching philosophy sees something.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Was there a difference of pitch speed. From first games to then last game?
Anything recorded?

That can be considered losing 'an edge'

Oct 14, 2019
Did you see anything in my statement that says she was inaccurate? That's always an interesting perspective when a fan sees something and when someone who understands the game and pitching philosophy sees something.
it was her best game of the year. she wasn’t losing accuracy. your comment was that of a hack coach trying to make himself look smarter after the fact. you sure as hell didn’t post about her diminishing accuracy before the last game.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Fouts pitched about 60 innings less than Rachel Garcia in 2019, when Garcia made all of her team's starts in winning the WCWS. There have been countless pitchers on elite teams who've pitched more innings. And then there was the perfect game vs. the defending national champions the other day. So I'm convinced of that theory.

Another theory on the FSU-Alabama game has been that FSU is putting the ball in play better than other teams. That's not seen in the statistics. They've actually struck out more than their opponents during the WCWS, and their season SO ratio is basically average for a top-20 team. They do pose a special threat w/ their speed and base-running and apply pressure that way, however.

Jul 5, 2016
it was her best game of the year. she wasn’t losing accuracy. your comment was that of a hack coach trying to make himself look smarter after the fact. you sure as hell didn’t post about her diminishing accuracy before the last game.

Tell us how you really feel.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
imo
This isnt about what endurance any pitcher could have...
Nor the game they pitched yesterday or earlier today or lastweek...
Its about recognizing when a pitcher isnt having a good day.

Theres plan's
A
B
C
....prepare or plan to fail

Jun 8, 2016
Pedro Martinez's 2000 season was the best (baseball) pitching season I have ever seen (considering what was going on with hitters at that time) and he had two games where he gave up 5 runs and 6 runs. If it can happen to a 29 YO man it can happen to a 21 YO...

May 23, 2015
Been hacking away at pitchers and catchers almost 3 1/2 decades. You are correct. I didnt. I dont have a lot of time to stay on the internet.

Ok so put your feelings aside. What caused the breakdown? Why was FSU able to tee off on her?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802